Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

You've bought a number of watches this year . . . you love then all!

However . . .

Which is THE ONE that gives you the bigger smile, the "pat" on the back, the one that gets the most wrist time . . . whatever criteria you wish . . .

Your Best Watch of 2009 is . . .

(I'll pipe in later. :)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

It is still very new but I am going with the Citizen Orca. I just love this watch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

The year ain't done yet, but the watch my son bought me for my birthday, Magico Auto Carbon Fiber dial from Amazon for $47.00 is the neatest watch at the moment. Not to be confused with the SWI limited I recently bought for myself.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

DingBat wrote:
The year ain't done yet, but the watch my son bought me for my birthday, Magico Auto Carbon Fiber dial from Amazon for $47.00 is the neatest watch at the moment. Not to be confused with the SWI limited I recently bought for myself.
Great watch and a great point . . .

If you are anticipating a watch purchase or gift by 12/31, please include it!

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

My best watch purchase is a tie.

Based completely on actual wrist time - is a tie between these 2 watches:

Not to beat a dead horse, but my Silver on Silver Scuba - best value of the year by far IMO

And my Citizen Eco Drive Orca - just the coolest watch on so many levels

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
My best watch purchase is a tie.

Based completely on actual wrist time - is a tie between these 2 watches:

Not to beat a dead horse, but my Silver on Silver Scuba - best value of the year by far IMO

And my Citizen Eco Drive Orca - just the coolest watch on so many levels

Those Scubas are really starting to grow on me.

Must avert eyes...........................................

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I don't think this will come to a shock to any of you but this was my best watch purchase in 2009

My second best purchase would be my Gevril GV2 that arrived today. Beautiful watch by the way. It even came with the calibration print-out.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Best watch purchase I dont have one, they all get the same wrist time once every 60 days.

Best watch I have ever recieved is the Invicta Titan RD mechanical I was gifted from Arnie. The one and only watch that will never leave the nest!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am sure glad you didnt post piks of that 360:madd

I was going to have too hate you again!:%

Budabear wrote:
I'd have to say that it is a choice of two of my babies. One was a trade which should still count.

The first one is:

The second is:

·
Super Freak
4,915 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I am sure glad you didnt post piks of that 360:madd

I was going to have too hate you again!:%

Budabear wrote:
I'd have to say that it is a choice of two of my babies. One was a trade which should still count.

The first one is:

The second is:
I couldn't have posted that one. I haven't gotten the black one yet. WHen I get that it will be my best purchase.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

Great watches, guys! :)

My "best" for 2009 is my Jacques Lemans F1 GMT!

It's not my biggest watch (it's actually the smallest), it's not the most expensive (it's actually my 2nd "cheapest" watch), and it's certainly not the most worn watch of 2009 (it's worn on F1 Sundays, only).

However, I also got one for my Uncle, who besides me, is the biggest F1 fan that I know. It's my connection to him and our love of racing (especially F1). He's a guy who helped me through some tough times.

So, when I wear this watch . . . it brings a smile to my face like no other watch that I own! :)

http://public.fotki.com/dustbuster4/jacques-lemans-f1-gmt/

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.