Watch Freeks banner

Which Seiko

14K views 51 replies 35 participants last post by  stingx 
#1 ·
Hello,

Want to ask which seiko watch model is best for you.

Thanks for opinion

#2 ·
Seiko has a ton of models to choose from. I own the solar chrono diver and monster. Love them both.

There's lots of Seiko collectors so you should get many opinions.

#5 ·
Having owned/own a Rolex 16610, three separate Tags, Longines, 3 Sinns and an Eterna, I can say that the mid level Seiko’s ($400-$1K) are high quality watches.
Here is a few I have recently purchased. When you see the cost/quality of these watches, it makes you think twice about purchasing another Swiss model.

Seiko SBDC003 Blumo

Seiko SBDC007 Titanium “Shogun”

Seiko “Kinetic” GMT

#8 ·
Yum, Seiko Vultera @ time2watch.net

Around $250.00 (less the incredible strap) this is a favorite. Seiko Solar Chrono.
Image stolen from WatchFreeks: jeep99dad, aka Brice

There're so many grand Seiko's to love, not to mention Grand Seiko's; but that Solar Chrono up there is the "best for me". The strap sells it.
WatchFreek: jeckyll aka Bjorn has a similar Seiko on a OD Zulu style strap and once again it rocks. (i stole his image too so if he doesn't show up i'll post it).

i'm down with granson and this particular shot is WOW. At a modest price it's like a Rolex to me (but not so much). One day it'll be mine.

#14 ·
There are so many watches both past and present from so many manufacturers out there that i dream of having. Even if you excluded all others i could spend many thousands of dollars (a stupid amount of money to be exact) just on Seiko and still not satisfy my need for more. No other manufacturer does that for me. Keep in mind i am just talking about watches that are in production. Forget about it if we are talking about out of production or vintage Seiko wins hands down by a long shot.

Of the ones i own its varies between my MM300 and my Shogun

#19 ·
My vote goes for the SARB065 ("Cocktail Time"). For a dress watch, this thing blows quite a lot of higher end watches out of the water on looks alone.

#25 ·
My favorite is this Hyunsuk Seung Benrus Seiko hybrid. Hyunsuk is regarded as the father of Seiko modders.

I also have a soft spot for this 6309 that I bought at at the Base Exchange at Lackland AFB in 1985. Jack Alexyon at IWW restored it several years ago and installed a domed crystal. A big improvement IMHO.

#28 ·
Mark: I'm surprised that you're picking the Sumo over the Shogun.

Just about everyone else I (we?) know would switch that, with some even picking the Shogun over the MM300.

I'm curious about your order, care to expand? I've only owned the Sumo out of those 3 but have always debated picking up a MM300 and / or Shogun.

#33 ·
It's the way that it wears. The Sumo is a more comfortable watch on the wrist for me, it sits flatter. It also is a little thinner.

Plus I prefer the 4 o'clock crown position.

However, the finishing is nicer on the Shogun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.