Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Seiko has a ton of models to choose from. I own the solar chrono diver and monster. Love them both.

There's lots of Seiko collectors so you should get many opinions.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Having owned/own a Rolex 16610, three separate Tags, Longines, 3 Sinns and an Eterna, I can say that the mid level Seiko’s ($400-$1K) are high quality watches.
Here is a few I have recently purchased. When you see the cost/quality of these watches, it makes you think twice about purchasing another Swiss model.

Seiko SBDC003 Blumo

Seiko SBDC007 Titanium “Shogun”

Seiko “Kinetic” GMT

·
Registered
85 Posts
SKX007 gets my vote. Superb looking watch, comfortable and well made. If someone said to me to pick one watch only from my collection I'd be hard pushed to choose anything but this one....

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
The SKX007/009's are super nice for a small amount of money

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Yum, Seiko Vultera @ time2watch.net

Around $250.00 (less the incredible strap) this is a favorite. Seiko Solar Chrono.
Image stolen from WatchFreeks: jeep99dad, aka Brice

There're so many grand Seiko's to love, not to mention Grand Seiko's; but that Solar Chrono up there is the "best for me". The strap sells it.
WatchFreek: jeckyll aka Bjorn has a similar Seiko on a OD Zulu style strap and once again it rocks. (i stole his image too so if he doesn't show up i'll post it).

i'm down with granson and this particular shot is WOW. At a modest price it's like a Rolex to me (but not so much). One day it'll be mine.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Having owned/own a Rolex 16610, three separate Tags, Longines, 3 Sinns and an Eterna, I can say that the mid level Seiko’s ($400-$1K) are high quality watches.
Here is a few I have recently purchased. When you see the cost/quality of these watches, it makes you think twice about purchasing another Swiss model.

Seiko SBDC003 Blumo

Seiko SBDC007 Titanium “Shogun”

Seiko “Kinetic” GMT
I've been looking at the Sumo and Shogun as well. Once I'm done building funds back up ...most likely will go for the Sumo. Thanks for the pix
Scott

Reactions: ganson and zed073

·
Registered
168 Posts
Really depends on my state of mind. Some times I'm into the Autos, and lately I've really enjoyed my Tuna.:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have 5 Seiko divers, and love them all. :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
There are so many watches both past and present from so many manufacturers out there that i dream of having. Even if you excluded all others i could spend many thousands of dollars (a stupid amount of money to be exact) just on Seiko and still not satisfy my need for more. No other manufacturer does that for me. Keep in mind i am just talking about watches that are in production. Forget about it if we are talking about out of production or vintage Seiko wins hands down by a long shot.

Of the ones i own its varies between my MM300 and my Shogun

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is my only Seiko diver and my absolute favourite:

·
Registered
489 Posts
My vote goes for the SARB065 ("Cocktail Time"). For a dress watch, this thing blows quite a lot of higher end watches out of the water on looks alone.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts