Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Well, the Seiko is an automatic, and while small, I would personally look at that before a quartz Invicta. No issue with quartz, but the combination of Invitcta and quartz turns me off.

I actually just picked up the SNK809 this week to modify. It is a solid little watch, very comfortable, nice strap, exhibition back, and a killer price point. As long as you can deal with a 37mm case (looks slightly larger on the wrist due to the lack of a big bezel), that would be my biased opinion. I mean, $60 for an in-house automatic movement watch is a killer deal, no matter what the style.

Here is mine:

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
What size strap fits the Seiko? Is it a good watch? I also like the invicta but I am torn on what to get.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.
18mm lugs. Is it good? I've only had it a few days, so I can't comment but they are very popular because of their price.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not to kee on the 18mm size. Is there any other good watch's for around 60? I got some money for my bday and I am wanting to buy a watch. What do you guys renamed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
60 dollars and a good watch?
Man, you are asking a question best asked at a Fossil fashion watch store
or mall kiosk
Add PP fees, shipping etc, thats what you might get on a forum.

Check e bay and free shipping.
Sellers need to cover costs, so you are really scraping bottom

That Seiko is a great bet and 18mm strap is not bad

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have an SNK805 and an SNXS75. Both have the same movement, same size. The 805 uses an 18mm strap and the 75 uses a 19mm strap. I love them both. Only gripe is they're automatic only, and I don't have a watch winder. They were my most worn watches until I decide to rotate out daily.

Personally, I would pick those over the invicta. Mostly because they run a bit larger. A 40-44 mill watch of theirs look huge, and are super thick... But that's just my opinion.

Here's my Seikos

Note that none of these are on the original strap.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Well, the Seiko is an automatic, and while small, I would personally look at that before a quartz Invicta. No issue with quartz, but the combination of Invitcta and quartz turns me off.

I actually just picked up the SNK809 this week to modify. It is a solid little watch, very comfortable, nice strap, exhibition back, and a killer price point. As long as you can deal with a 37mm case (looks slightly larger on the wrist due to the lack of a big bezel), that would be my biased opinion. I mean, $60 for an in-house automatic movement watch is a killer deal, no matter what the style.
DITTO!!!!

·
Watch Freek
80 Posts
The two styles are entirely different; only you can decide which you like best. Personally, I like the day/date display and the easy-to-read dial of the Seiko. The blue dial is also very nice. (Although I am not a fan of the hour markings being on the inner chapter ring, and the minutes on the outer one.)

Also, be aware that the quartz will likely need less re-setting than the automatic, which is just the nature of the beasts. Can you live with re-setting your automatic watch every 3-6 days, or do you expect to just put it on and go every day?

·
Long Time Member
1,669 Posts
Seiko, Citizen and Orient would be my field of selection. You're not rolling dice with these brands.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Watch Freek
80 Posts
I ended u getting the invicta pro diver. I will post pictures when it comes in.

I did not like that the Seiko was 18mm j wanted something bigger.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Good luck with your selection. In the end, it really is all about what YOU like! Post some photos/wrist shot when it arrives.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.