Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
I have had SO SO many watches that were affordable that I truely loved. A few I bought 3 or 4 different times, lol

The main one I can give as an example is this one - The Steinhart Ocean 44. And while I don't currently own it, I DO always look at them seriously when one comes up for sale.

An old pic -

The current one that gives me the most job/pleasure as the expensive ones is definitely my G-Shock, that I wear A LOT on weekend. Love it. This one

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
These 3 Frankenmonsters light my fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
754 Posts
I get the most joy out of this one. Paid like $115 preowned about a year ago and it's my most used watch for work and I still love staring at it all the time.

Baby Monster

I got this Frogman Seaman for $140 and it brings me a lot of joy. I love everything about it. One of my only two battery powered watches. I love it.

And this one I got for about $50 worth in trade value cus it was all beat up and missing paint on bezel but it's my third favorite for work and yes, I still marvel at it with all the flaws and love it from all angles. This pic is from yesterday.

Original Monster

And I just got this at an extremely hard to believe low price.

Titanium Samurai mod, wearing it right now

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
I have a lot of lower priced watches that I enjoy tremendously. However, if I had to pick one it would be this......Maranez Bangla with California dial.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I love that Steinhart Ocean 44. Too bad it'll be a little too big for me. I enjoy my Steinhart Smurff. Want the red version that is discontinued.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
I've owned 4 Monsters over the years, but the plain black SRP307 2nd gen Monster is one that I wish I had never gotten rid of, and will most likely pick up again. As great as the first gen models were, the updated movement and slightly classier dial of the 2nd gen knocked it out of the park for me. Considering you can pick them up for around $200, it is a hell of a watch.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
This one. Love it.

I love it so much that I purchased one for my youngest brother. He is a radiology tech and wears it most of the time at work and I wear it when I go to the gym, sometimes at work, and always when we go camping(see pic below), fishing, or any similar outdoor activities. Sorry for the blurry pic. That is my youngest boy(at the moment, lol) smiling for you guys. Our third boy will be due sometime this week. :smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
618 Posts
SSC and 009 both do.

I can't think of a better grab-n-go watch under $200

Classic Seiko automatic. Mass produced, reliable and good looking to boot, how can you not own one of these? :)

I would add the 6309, but they've been getting more expensive lately, so that's not as good an example.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Which inexpensive brings you as much joy as other more expensive watches in your coll?

Interesting question, unfortunately in my case? none....

·
Registered
618 Posts
I actually think that there needs to be a comparison as well. I.E. compared to what else in your collection. "Expensive" means many different things depending on who you're talking to. :)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts