Watch Freeks banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey guys, very simple post here... How and when did you start collecting watches?? For me, i needed a watch, and i couldnt decide out of the 3 that i liked... so one month later, i owned all of them lol!! If you cant decide... buy them all!! :%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

When I was a kid, maybe 10 or 11, my father came home with an Accutron Spaceview. I think I've been hooked ever since. It really took me many years to collect like I do now as I never really had the money for much more then Timex or Swatch. Then one day I bought a Swiss Army and next an Eco-drive and then bang I needed an intervention.....

Someday I'll get one of the actual Spaceview watches that my dad had and then my collection will be complete.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

In college I started really liking a variety of watches, including some really unique ones like the wood bezel Locman, which was my first higher cost watch. I had a fraternity brother who also owned a bunch of watches. He was the first person I had ever met who owned more then one watch at a time.

I then was into larger watches (larger at the time) like the Sector 600 Chronograph, which was my favorite watch for a while, and got me into owning stainless steel bracelet watches.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

My love for watches began with my father. I remember the Omega automatic that he purchased in 1975. Of course I was quite young when he got it, but he had that watch for most of my childhood. He passed away when I was a teenager and I inherited the Omega. I still have it to this day. I was always mesmerized by the sweeping seconds hand and that is why I am partial to automatic movements. I very rarely if ever purchase quartz watches.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Around this time last year...

During my initial viewing of an Invicta show, with my wife... Funny thing was, I didn't even want to watch nor was I interested in any sort of shopping channel.. :%

My wife says to me, "You need to buy more watches. Why don't you spend a little more money on yourself"

If she only knew then, what she knows now... :%:c:%

Anyway it all began with this little puppy..

Slim Odyssey Day & Date- Blue

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I can recall "playing" with my Grandfather's Railroad watches, etc. as a kid. I think that's where my fascination started. My collecting began with an interest in a Rolex Air-King. I bought it used, had it serviced, and wore it until my obsession led to the next watch . . .

And on . . . and on . . . and on . . . :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
imported post

My father and grandfather are my earliest memories of "watches" in general. My grandfather had pocket watches. I wish I had that collection today. My father still has a wide range of watches from a few different brands. All of this watches are much smaller then even the "small" watches of today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.