Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm trading the 7751 . . .

So if you had the following choices to make (understanding that in each case the FINAL total of the transaction would be equal through cash or another watch) . . .

#1: MINT Renato Wilde-Beast Automatic (ETA 2824-2)

AND

Brand NEW Swiss Legend Planetimer (CL-888)

OR

#2: MINT Invicta Swiss Made OGII w/Meteorite dial (SW200)

and

MINT Chase-Durer Starburst Auto (SW200)

and cash.

OR

#3: Invicta Reserve Subaqua (Reissue of the original SA, but at 47mm w/7750)

and cash (or another watch)

After much thought . . . my preferences as the "core" watch in a trade would be . . .

1. Another 7751 (yeah, right)

2. SAII 7750

3. Reserve SA (the reissue)

3. Speedway COSC

5. Who knows, beyond the above 4. :)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

I owned that model renato and sold it and still think it was the best renato ever built.....Far beyond beautiful....

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Personally I like the Renato best out of those options!
Thanks, Ron. It's a watch that I've turned down already, but made contact again, because it's gorgeous!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Rick

WOW -all 3 seem like good choices - my preference would be as follows

1 - choice # 2 - i like the OG Meteorite -really nice -also the CD is really nice as well

2- choice # 1 - Renato WB is really nice

3- choice # 3 - i dont really like the orig SAN

of course -this goes by your personal preference

:c:c

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

the chrono hand on the reserve sa isn't lined up.thats out.kind of says what the actual quality would be. the meteorite looks good.thing is, at least from my own browsing on that sales corner, most of the watches are rated wrong.most are in less than steller condition and alot of the sellers don't know or have the experience to rate them themselves.I just got one in a trade.I'll have a post up later about it.I'll be able to make the repairs but the condition wasn't even close to what was stated.

I'm sure that didn't help huh?:BE

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

dedward wrote:
the chrono hand on the reserve sa isn't lined up.thats out.kind of says what the actual quality would be. the meteorite looks good.thing is, at least from my own browsing on that sales corner, most of the watches are rated wrong.most are in less than steller condition and alot of the sellers don't know or have the experience to rate them themselves.I just got one in a trade.I'll have a post up later about it.I'll be able to make the repairs but the condition wasn't even close to what was stated.

I'm sure that didn't help huh?:BE
LOL!

I thought the same thing and he sent additional pics which show that it's aligned.

I hear 'ya on the "rating" condition stuff. The IP would suck if it were scratched. I can refinished the SS cases, if need be.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
Rick

WOW -all 3 seem like good choices - my preference would be as follows

1 - choice # 2 - i like the OG Meteorite -really nice -also the CD is really nice as well

2- choice # 1 - Renato WB is really nice

3- choice # 3 - i dont really like the orig SAN

of course -this goes by your personal preference

:c:c
I like the OGII Meteorite and it's the last OGII that I'm looking for. The CD doesn't sing to me in the same way, but neither did the 7751's dial until I owned it and wore it. :)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
imported post

i am a Chase fan, but that model never did it for me, I think its the bright colors etc that I didnt have fondness for

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

agreed on the CD but compared to the Planetimer -i like the CD better

the SL seems a little to classic to me and i dont do classics

the WB has an advantage to the OG but the meteorite tips its to the OG favor IMO

CurrentTime wrote:
I like the OGII Meteorite and it's the last OGII that I'm looking for. The CD doesn't sing to me in the same way, but neither did the 7751's dial until I owned it and wore it. :)

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

The Beast Rick!! I purchased Eric's and it is an awesome watch, one of my favorites! I also have the meteorite version of the reissue SAN and though impressive I like the Beast better.:b
OG is not in the same category in spite of the meteorite....not a CD fan do comment.

CJ

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

It sounds like collectively, people's choice are different than mine!:lol:lol:lol

I really like (and want) the SA reissue, and I'm waiting to hear back on the watch (or cash) that will go with it.

The Renato is an unexpected beauty (in terms of not looking for one, then it's offered). I also like the SL Planetimer, but it's NOT a "must have". Much negotiation has gone into this one, and a little cash may be added in as well.

The OGII Meteorite is a watch that I've wanted for some time, but the CD kinda lessens the overall deal. Also, the cash offering is not as sweet of a deal for me.

Decisions, decisions. :)

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

out of all those options........as much of a wildebeast fan that i am.......im a sucker for the design of the original SA.....and i always like the reserve reissue........that would be the way I would personally go if given those choices.....be sure to let us know what you finally trade for.....

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

I'm not a Renato guy AT ALL, but that is one of the nicest ones I've seen, by far. It also has a movt I happen to really like, so my vote is for the Renato. I wouldn't wear the SL, but at least you can put the Beast in the winder.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I far and away choose #3

I know some people like the Renato, but it has a very very limited resale base of customers. Also I personally just don't like it, but that means nothing. The limited resale issue would be huge to me.

#3 not only gets you a watch with a movement you like, but also a watch that will have ongoing resale value among the many many Invicta watch buyers. IN ADDITION you mentioned some case or another watch, which in my opinion would put you ahead in the game overall.

Those are my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts