Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a 1955 Bulova hand cranker, that I still have. (Oh...Just remembered I haven't taken pics of it at all - opps). The dial is sterile though from a cleaning, but it still looks good. S/S case.

·
Registered
650 Posts
My first vintage piece was a 1967 Vostok Amphibia, powered by an 18-jewel hand cranker. I still have it and it still keeps time like a champ. :)

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
The one and only Accutron Spaceview circa 1970

I sold the round case and kept the T Case. Then I had it restored to the original hands and the best lizard strap I could find. I could not find a green strap in XL.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I am going to ask a stupid question. What criteria does one use to classify a watch as vintage. Strictly age or something that is x years that it was produced x amount of years ago and is no longer in production.

BTW -- some nice watches listed above.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The earliest watch I could remember was a Rado Diastar given to me by my parents for Christmas when I was a sophomore in high school, exactly like the one pictured below (not my photo, by the way):

I left it at home when I moved out and totally forgot about it until I came across one on eBay many years later. It kinda rekindled a few good memories so I bought one. I don't know what happened to that second Rado, but now that I'm collecting again, I'll probably buy another sometime in the future.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Seiko 6306 still have it runs great but needs a face lift.
If it's running well, I say keep it as-is. I've got a J-spec 6306 that looks every bit like a 39 year old divers watch. It keeps great time and I love the antique look. :) I've snap a picture of it soon and post in the thread.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
My very first watch was an Ancre boy's watch, 30mm chrome plated on a grey leather strap, as a present from an uncle. I've never owned a vintage watch but my watch(es) of choice would be either a 'James Bond' Sub or a Bakelite GMT. Mint in box :D (The infamous 'yard sale' find).

·
Registered
5,479 Posts

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts