Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So, I haven't hear a "peep" from the winner of my Watch Box Giveaway . . . Ramdg10 :WW

http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=1808&forum_id=59

A PM was sent to the winner, in addition to announcing the winner in the original thread.

So, what do I do???? :wf

1) Continue to be patient and wait????

2) Redraw a name from the same list of entries????

3) Hold a new drawing????

Suggestions????

Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Let me send him an email right now for you first.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

he is also a member of WG's -maybe you should also pm him there (if you havent already)

I'd be happy to HOLD it for him until he claims it!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks, James!

George, I thought about going over "there" and sending him a PM. Honestly, it kinda defeats the purpose of someone being a member here, if they need to learn about something that's happened here, on another watch site.

Just a thought. :)

I'm not trying to complicate matters, but . . . just sayin' :)

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Yeah i here ya - i dont think he's on all the time -even over there -he's not a big poster over there

he has been posting here though -although i havent seen him on in the last couple of days

maybe the e-mail will work

·
Super Freak
4,827 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Thanks, James!

George, I thought about going over "there" and sending him a PM. Honestly, it kinda defeats the purpose of someone being a member here, if they need to learn about something that's happened here, on another watch site.

Just a thought. :)

I'm not trying to complicate matters, but . . . just sayin' :)
I agree, I think if you are going to win something on a forum you should be there or be able to be contacted through the site. Not another site. Give him a certain amount of time to answer and then just move on.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Rick, Give it a little more time, maybe until after the weekend...you never know what is going on in someones life, he could be on vacation, his computer could be down, etc, etc.....if he doesnt respond or contact you after the weekend, i would pick another winner, but remember not everyone is on the forums all the time, and some people just dont check in everyday, or they could be extenuating circumstances, so i would suggest you wait a little longer before picking another winner.....

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
Rick, Give it a little more time, maybe until after the weekend...you never know what is going on in someones life, he could be on vacation, his computer could be down, etc, etc.....if he doesnt respond or contact you after the weekend, i would pick another winner, but remember not everyone is on the forums all the time, and some people just dont check in everyday, or they could be extenuating circumstances, so i would suggest you wait a little longer before picking another winner.....
I agree!

I will do nothing until next week. :)

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Rick

i checked his acct - his last logon was 11/28 and prior to that the 23rd etc etc

so it's clear he may be away or something or maybe taking a break from the forums etc

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Thanks, George.

I've done that myself (taking a break) in the past, so I understand. :)

WATCHURSELF wrote:
Rick

i checked his acct - his last logon was 11/28 and prior to that the 23rd etc etc

so it's clear he may be away or something or maybe taking a break from the forums etc

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
Great point CT.
Agreed!

What I would do is give him ample time, say two-four weeks and then draw another name from the same list.

This would be what most major drawings would do in the event the winnings go unclaimed for so long, an alternative winner is drawn from the original entrants.

·
Registered
49 Posts
imported post

Grats to him and props to you for your generosity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.