Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my wife is AWSOME, however she knows nothing and cares nothing about watches. But I think a Christmas gift package that arrived from the Zon contains an 8729 Invicta!

What would you do? :
1. Accept graciously and add to the rotation?
2. Ask her to return it and give you the cash?
3. Tell her to run to the nearest Omiga AD and trade it in against a Speedie?

I really appreciate the thought but I wish she would have asked me first! Lol

On the other hand maybe this is for our Son in Law who loves Micheal Kors and similar and my Omega is still hiding in her underwear drawer!
Cheers
Derek

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
To me, it's the thought that counts. If it is in fact that, accept it, wear it for a whole week after Christmas and then wear it occasionally. I don't buy or wear invictas, but if my girlfriend bought me one I would happily wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, of course I am going to "Love it", I have been married long enough to know exactly what to say! I just wanted to inject a little humour into our threads and to warn everybody not to be too shocked or too hard on me when I post my new watch in the "what arrived?" posts on Christmas morning! Lol
Cheers
D.

·
Registered
265 Posts
:smile-thumb2:My wife and daughter bought me an Invicta Pro Diver, I wear it a lot specially when in a questionable area. It has never given me any reason not to wear it. I get more compliments on it than any other watch I own. So go with your'e gut, but I suggest you wear it proud.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
this would never happen to me. Just like I would never buy my wife shoes or clothing she would never buy me camera equipment, watches, tools or motorcycles. Its a mutual understanding we have. I buy her watches she buys me clothing. If she ever wanted to buy me a watch and had her mind set on it, she would wake me up one morning and say -- "get dressed, we are going to buy you a new watch and this is your budget". Having said that wear it and enjoy it

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slowmo, that's great! But you don't know my wife! I can tell her " don't" doesn't mean she'll take any notice! In fact I think I did tell her once not to buy me watches without consultation. I also told her never to buy me clothes as a gift, I hate that..oh, and she DID buy me a motorcycle as a retirement gift, a Ducati ST3 which had been my computer screensaver for some time, it was a total surprise and I love that moto.
Anyhow, as I said in my original post, the Invicta might not even be for me as I saw quite a few small ( kids size) Casio Quartz in the same package, plus I have been showing her some of the watches on my list over the last few months, Longine, Orient Bambino, B&M etc , so I'll let you know what happens, but hey, even an Invicta is better than a sweater! Lol

Cheers
Derek

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Slowmo, that's great! But you don't know my wife! I can tell her " don't" doesn't mean she'll take any notice! In fact I think I did tell her once not to buy me watches without consultation. I also told her never to buy me clothes as a gift, I hate that..oh, and she DID buy me a motorcycle as a retirement gift, a Ducati ST3 which had been my computer screensaver for some time, it was a total surprise and I love that moto.
Anyhow, as I said in my original post, the Invicta might not even be for me as I saw quite a few small ( kids size) Casio Quartz in the same package, plus I have been showing her some of the watches on my list over the last few months, Longine, Orient Bambino, B&M etc , so I'll let you know what happens, but hey, even an Invicta is better than a sweater! Lol

Cheers
Derek
Derek,

As much Invicta bashing that there is on this site, most of which I agree with -- I have to admit there are some, which Id wear.

Ducati ST3 -- dont think Id complain at all on that one and yes a invicta is way better than a sweater, as long as the watch works and you don't have to deal with CS LOL

sorry had to toss that in. :)

Jonathan

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear ya loud and clear Jonathan!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thread hijack much Johnudall?

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep Slowmo, and I have no problem with that. But an intro and a "new thread" is not that hard is it? Ok, sorry if I'm being too grumpy. It's that time of the month I guess..lol
Cheers all
D.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Gifts like that can be tough.
My wife knows that certain things I am big into not to buy for me unless she knows it is something specific I had been looking at. We both hate buying gifts for each other that come down to only "it's the thought that counts" rather than something the other actually wants.

That being said, it is a gift. Common courtesy is to accept it graciously.
Maybe down the line when you are up to buying something you really like, let her know that you wanted to offload a couple pieces to afford it and ask if it is okay then to use it as a "trade-up"?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will, how do you know I'm not sleeping in the garage already! Actually, no room in there for me! It's too full of motorcycles and old furniture WTH is that so hard to dispose of! Even the Salvation Army doesn't want it! So I guess I'll be sharing the crate with the pups.
Like I said, still not sure the Invicta is even mine, but I peeked and it does have "Swiss Movt" on it. Certainly some of us have had good experiences with the brand, CS and repair service exepted.
Have a great Monday all.
D.

Reactions: ganson

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry I am using an iPhone and don't know quite what I'm doing! It just had send so I'll try figure it out and get back on! And no I am not selling the watch I am in Dublin Ireland and there is little or no information on these and others I have so any help appreciated sorry again for the invasion of anyone's personal Internet space

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Johnudall, first off, welcome to the Best Watch Forum, sorry if I came across grumpy, was not my intention. It really was because I figured your issue would be viewed more with its own thread. Plus I'm amazed you can even post from an iPhone! You must be a youngster I guess.
Repost and sit back with some popcorn. I do hope you hang around with us for a long time. You will find that most on here are well informed and fonts of information.
Cheers mate and say hello to beautiful Dublin for me.
D.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts