Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
With my daily wearers are on a rotation of one per day, some will sit for a while before being worn/wound, so when I pick one out of the rotation, I like to know it's at the right time (rather than guessing), so I use www.time.is to set them.

Does anyone know any other good sites for this purpose ?

Registered
Atomic clock app on my iPhone. (This grabs the time from one of the network time servers I guess). But I also use the clock on my iMac, I just checked this is spot on as well. Same principle. But after a couple of days I could start over because mechanical watches aren't very accurate and drift. The next step is buying a Timegrapher 1000 and regulating my watches myself. (After I have mustered some courage to do this :)).

Reactions: FBPB

Registered
Most of the time I use my G-Shock that syncs with the radio clock in Denver, Colorado, USA most of the time. Otherwise, I use time.is as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the time I use my G-Shock that syncs with the radio clock in Denver, Colorado, USA most of the time. Otherwise, I use time.is as well.
Lucky man! Am lusting after a G-Shock, only can't find one for a decent price in this country (and importing watches is a no-no here....)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Atomic clock app on my iPhone. (This grabs the time from one of the network time servers I guess). But I also use the clock on my iMac, I just checked this is spot on as well. Same principle. But after a couple of days I could start over because mechanical watches aren't very accurate and drift. The next step is buying a Timegrapher 1000 and regulating my watches myself. (After I have mustered some courage to do this :)).
Some of my watches are hacking, so I like to sync it to the second (call me pedantic...). It's a rough way of judging how well the watch is keeping time.

My Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red is dead on, even over several days, but it's a horrible desk diver as the clasp at the bottom digs into my wrist while typing..

Super Moderator
Thanks, that one looks good too! Showing same time as time.is. (y)

You are very welcome, and thank YOU, and all of the guys for
the different sites, and suggestions ! 馃榾 Seems like each one
of them is great, and will come in handy that's for sure. Wow,
always am learning. It's amazing. Thanks again !!!

Registered
Some of my watches are hacking, so I like to sync it to the second (call me pedantic...). It's a rough way of judging how well the watch is keeping time.

My Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red is dead on, even over several days, but it's a horrible desk diver as the clasp at the bottom digs into my wrist while typing..
I sync to the second as well. But after a couple of days the watch is off by a varying number of seconds. If it gets too much, I'll sync again. Two of my watches are a pain in the behind to do this and unfortunately one of them can really use some regulating. My secret dream is owning an actual atomic clock at home. Perhaps one based on a MAC module. Or a Hewlett Packard 5061A. But only if I have money to burn in abundance :) I have various DCF-77 atomic time source receivers as they are dead cheap now but that somehow isn't the 'real deal'.

Reactions: FBPB
1 - 12 of 12 Posts