Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still working most weekdays in limited capacity, not my family though, nor neighbors nor friends. Everyone is handling this thing in their own way. I don't want to hear about whether you agree or disagree with any lockdown or quarantine measures, but what are you doing with all the extra downtime?

I've restrung all my guitars (and played them a lot more). Have been communicating via FaceTime and Zoom with family and friends (I'm usually a horrible shut-in when it comes to staying in touch).

I've also posted far too often here lately.

Super Moderator
Such a fantastic question Eric ! (y) (y) Have gotten an earlier than usual start on
working outside, and getting things ready for spring/summer actually. Usually all
I have done by this time in the year has maybe been to clean up a little. Picking
up sticks, and branches for instance. But now have begun to rake out the lawn,
and use the leaf blower. But it's still to early to actually cut the lawn. So then end
up helping with the spring cleaning inside as a result. Things are getting done
way ahead of schedule ! 馃槃

Registered
As I still work regular hours (I work in what is called a 'vital industry' and even carry a permit on my person) nothing out of the ordinary but I have repopulated the flower boxes on my balcony and will hire a carpet cleaner next Wednesday to do the bedroom carpet (do that every year). And the one task that I keep postponing is cleaning all the blinds. Don't know where all that dust comes from but I have waited too long this time :).

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Lego building competitions with the kids tonight a la the new Lego show on TV. Having your kids home each and every day poses challenges. My wife and I are amateur teachers now, with the school districts caught rather unprepared for this, they basically send email and help with some online resources but we're the heavies enforcing a schedule to keep them thinking and problem solving.

Registered
We're currently in the first week of a 21 day lockdown with the real possibility of an extension. Little has changed in my business and as mentioned in another thread, the challenge now is to keep the operation going as normally as possible under abnormal conditions.

With movement restrictions, local clients can't visit their horses/foals here so we're putting together photo and video reports for them which has taken some additional time as it was only something we did for the non local owners.

Some time has also been spent trying to get the required permits/authorisation and securing a future supply of feed, something taken for granted under non COVID-19 conditions. Authorities have been reasonably accommodating to us thus far and here's trusting it will continue that way.

Registered
Op

That鈥檚 a good question!
I鈥檝e restarted drawing again.
Dug out some of my unfinished stuff and can hardly wait to get in the groove again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Been going to the pistol range a couple of times a week and flipped a couple of pistols on consignment for more than I paid for them. Supply and Demand is a wonderful thing!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Op

That鈥檚 a good question!
I鈥檝e restarted drawing again.
Dug out some of my unfinished stuff and can hardly wait to get in the groove again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been doing a bit of the same myself. It started with my kids and their rather prolific drawing, I then got out my old portfolio and opened a can of worms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts