Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

http://stuhrlingoriginal.wordpress.com/

A new poll is up, and the question is: What kind of watch do you prefer? See the blog for the choices.

Personally, I prefer pure mechanical watches because it gets right into the nitty gritty historical factor of owning a timepiece. It's amazing to think that the watch is keeping time with nothing more than bits and pieces of metal and crystal put together in a very precise manner! A dream of mine is own a pocket watch that is completely hand made, from scratch, by a master watchmaker. But enough about me, what about you?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Good topic Felix!
I like the auto mechanical first than a mechanical.
It's funny because I do not necessarily dislike the quartz movements, it's just that like you, something about the "nitty gritty" of a mechanical is really cool!:b
Quartz movements deserve the attention and respect that they get.....I get that they are far more accurate, etc. than an auto but hey, I still like carburetors on motors.:b

And yes, fuel injection is way better in every regard.

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I chose quartz to be honest. I like automatics, but I also like the ease of a quartz.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Quartz here as well, a mechanical or Auto should be done in a Skelly only IMHO, or what is the point of having one? Never understood this concept, it is like owning a Lambo, but never getting to see the engine!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

I like quartz watches because they tend to be more rugged, solid, and durable. They're sporty, and yes, they're easier to take care of. I don't know...maybe it's because I only have two watches now, one pure mechanical and one auto, and I like to be involved with my timepieces.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Okay guys...I voted....automatic. I have mainly quartz watches....because the style of watch I truely love is so darn expensive...I can't afford them. But....I do love automatics....especially those that have either an open hearts or skeletonized movements. I have several autos that have an open heart, and I really would like all my watches to be autos. But...most of the designs I really like are easier and far less expensive to do in a quartz movement.

Felix...only two watches???? Lets see...you need at least 5 or 6 of the watchesSO just had on Shopnbc!!!! An Apacolypse for sure...aSaturnalia....maybe a Manchester Ozzie and an Uptown Ozzie XL...and lets see what else???? Humm.... I know...a Midnight Falcon for sporty events...maybe going to a Giants orJets game. Okay...not into football....humm.... a Knicks game??? I know they are bad...but you can always wait and go see them playing the Lakers or the Celtics!!!!:)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Hey, I'm new to the watch game! 2 watches in 2 months is pretty good! :p I plan on owning more...maybe. I don't know, guys, but working with all these watches almost takes the magic out of them. Almost! There are still some that I would really LOVE to have (Trekker!). But as life goes, I've got bills to pay, so maybe in another couple of months I'll have a new watch haha.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever gotten a replacement leather strap? How long does it take for your watch to be sent back? (Yes, I work here, but I get no special treatment haha)

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I like autos but have both autos and quartz. Felix your overstock .com doesnt give the maker and its number of the movement. It seems a number of sites do this. I personally wont buy a watch unless I know what type of movement it has

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

I never noticed that before, dj. Weird. If you want to know the movement it is, just send me a pm with the name of the watch and I'll let you know ASAP.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Looks like the Automatic watches beat out all the others! I'm surprised how few people like quartz movements! Here are the results:

Mechanical - 7
Automatic - 14
Quartz - 1

One person likes quartz?! New quiz coming soon!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.