Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Chronomat B01

Not content to use one of the myriad of high-end chronometer movements available, Breitling went in-house to create its new flagship model. The Breitling Chronomat B01 ($TBA) is the legendary watchmaker's first to feature a Breitling-made movement. Chronometer-certified by the COSC, the selfwinding, high frequency movement offers 1/4 second, 30 minute, and 12-hour totalizers with a calendar function. Other features include a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal cover, water resistance to a depth of 500 meters, a unidirectional ratcheted rotating bezel, and classy, timeless styling.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

My "grail" watch is definetely something that I will NEVER ever actually have. I saw a show on this watch once and was blown away - completely.

Name of Watch: Breitling Bentley Mulliner Men's Tourbillion Watch Manual Wind Chronograph Platinum Black Dial on Black Leather Strap L18841TA-B788-761P
List Price - between $175,000 - $200,000. Have seen it on sale for $95,000 BUT they only make 1-2 a month apparently so you have to wait forever to get one.

Modification I would want - Platinum Band, which I am sure I could get if I was paying between $100,000-$200,000 for a watch, lol. the black leather band looks very nice, but I would want a metal band.

Specs:
Features
StyleBentley Mulliner Tourbillon
Model #L18841TA-B788-761P
Gender/SizeMen's
Case - Platinum
Case - BackSee through sapphire
Bracelet/Strap -Black leather
Crown -Screw down
Bezel Function - Bidirectional rotating
Dial Color - Black
Sub dial Color - Skeleton
Sub dial Use - Tourbillon chronograph, date, minute register
Hand Indicators - Silver tone luminous
Hour Markers -Silver tone luminous
Crystal - Scratch resistant sapphire
Movement - Manual Wind COSC certified
Date Calendar -At the 9 o'clock
Case Width - 49.5 mm (53 mm with crown)
Case Length - 55 mm with lugs
Case Thickness - 15 mm
Bracelet Width - 24 mm
Clasp Type - Deployment buckle
Water Resistant - To 100 m / 330 ft

Picture -

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Dont and wont have a Grail as you call it. If I had a watch that floats my boat it would be the Hublot Big Bang but I refuse to spend more then $1000 for ANY WATCH ever again!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

what about the SAN IV ?? not buying/ not interested??

i would agree with that limit of $1,000 because i have kids etc
but there are so many that are just above that -its tough to ignore them

RipitRon wrote:
Dont and wont have a Grail as you call it. If I had a watch that floats my boat it would be the Hublot Big Bang but I refuse to spend more then $1000 for ANY WATCH ever again!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

To me a grail is just a watch that if you could have anything you could have it. It might be something you could actually get someday OR a watch you will never ever have (like mine above).

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

my grail watch is a Sinn U1 on bracelet..........runs abou $1800 new, but can be picked up preowned for usually $1300 -$1500......but i would have to say, with how long it might take me to get it , unless the preowned one was in immaculate condtion with all box and papers, at that point, i would buy it new for a couple hundred more.........\

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

then my grail would be the SAN III Black & SS 7751 cause i always loved that watch -but i'll never shell out that dough for it!!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

TR, very nice........4K, man that's a lot-o-green but nevertheless a beautiful watch.
I currently do not have a "Grail" but of course there are several that are on the radar. I'm afraid the day I have a grail I may sell everything off to get it...yikes!!:eek:

CJ

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I would , but all of mine still wouldn't buy it!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
what about the SAN IV ?? not buying/ not interested??

i would agree with that limit of $1,000 because i have kids etc
but there are so many that are just above that -its tough to ignore them

RipitRon wrote:
I will own a SAN IV, but I dont do Auto's as a whole so I wont have too pay that much for one. I could go buy a $10K watch tomorrow if I so choose, but WHY? I can buy 20 watches for that and have variety! Too each is own So if you want it go get it I say!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
Ron, you can forward me the money to go buy my grail.........its only $1800............lol:q
Let me think about it....NO!!!!

I would lend it too you with a mildly high interest rate of 38.6% with a daily compound though!!!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

The Breitling is a very nice watch. I have not yet added one to my collection, but I have been told by many jewelers that this is probably one of the best built watches out there. Tera-Ram I can understand your desires to purchase this piece.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
eh.......i dont want the watch that bad.......ha ha......lol:cool:
Are you sure? I am in if you can handle the weekly payment program? LOL

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I will just start dreaming right now myself. Love it and that is something extremely special. I have decided that I will never spend more than $1000-$1500 on a watch just doesn't seem right. However some of my grail watches Oris and Ball can be had within that range so I may at some point.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

some other watches I have seen listed as "grails" by people for discussion

Perrelet Turbine

the Black Mamba

Corum Ti Bridge

1 - 20 of 91 Posts