Watch Freeks banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Skateboarding and snowboarding competitions, also like watching the local minor league hockey team. New Mexico Scorpions.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
I love going to NFL games Bob....brings back good ol' memories of when I could play.....I loved playing.
Me too, what fun cheering for your favorite team in person!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
Skateboarding and snowboarding competitions, also like watching the local minor league hockey team. New Mexico Scorpions.
Hi Den, sounds like fun. I beleive I seen Snowboarding at the olympics but was un aware there were skateboarding competitions. It has to be fun seeing the Scorpions play. I bet thosed kids play with alot of heart trying to make an NHL team. ....Bob

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
I used to have season tickets to the Scorpions & the Isotopes ( Marlins AAA team) as well. Scorpions? A bit slow as far as hockey goes, but loved going to those Isotopes night games!! Now............... it's the Durham Bulls here.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
My favorite is and always has been a nightbaseball game. Love "under the lights"!! Loved playing under them as well.

How you doing Arnie. I have not been to a major league baseball game since they went on strike. What you said brings back memories. My dad and I use to go to the twinite double headers at old Comiskey Park, to cheer for the White Sox. Not just night games but many White Sox games when I was a kid. ....Bob

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
My favorite is and always has been a nightbaseball game. Love "under the lights"!! Loved playing under them as well.

How you doing Arnie. I have not been to a major league baseball game since they went on strike. What you said brings back memories. My dad and I use to go to the twinite double headers at old Comiskey Park, to cheer for the White Sox. Not just night games but many White Sox games when I was a kid. ....Bob

Hey Bob!! Doing good other than I missed out on the Tourby last night, LOL.

Loved the White Sox as a kid (Scott/srebo70 knows this) because Luis Aparicio was my favorite player in the big leagues. I lived and died by the box scores back then. "Arnie11" comes from the fact that it was his # and the one I wore when playing as well. (amateur and semi-pro). Never got to Comisky, but always wanted to. Great stuff and great memories I'm sure!!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Bob wrote:
arnie11 wrote:

Hey Bob!! Doing good other than I missed out on the Tourby last night, LOL.

Loved the White Sox as a kid (Scott/srebo70 knows this) because Luis Aparicio was my favorite player in the big leagues. I lived and died by the box scores back then. "Arnie11" comes from the fact that it was his # and the one I wore when playing as well. (amateur and semi-pro). Never got to Comisky, but always wanted to. Great stuff and great memories I'm sure!!

Luis Apracio was a great White Sox player.One of my favorites and possible a name that is known by all baseball fans today because of his acomplishments. Now I know where the 11 comes from. Way to go my friend. ....Bob

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
DenFromNM wrote:
I used to have season tickets to the Scorpions & the Isotopes ( Marlins AAA team) as well. Scorpions? A bit slow as far as hockey goes, but loved going to those Isotopes night games!! Now............... it's the Durham Bulls here.
They are no longer the Marlins farm team, they are now back to being the Dodgers farm team.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
DenFromNM wrote:
Hi Den, sounds like fun. I beleive I seen Snowboarding at the olympics but was un aware there were skateboarding competitions. It has to be fun seeing the Scorpions play. I bet thosed kids play with alot of heart trying to make an NHL team. ....Bob
They are not really kids in the sense. CHL

http://www.oursportscentral.com/sports/?t_id=297

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
DenFromNM wrote:
They are no longer the Marlins farm team, they are now back to being the Dodgers farm team.
Thanks Den. I remember when the "Dukes" were still playing in Albuquerque. They were the Dodgers AAA team as well if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
imported post

HOCKEY all the way.Hands down the best sport to watch,or play.I played for years.Ice and roller.I miss playing since we had kids.I can't afford to get hurt,and miss work.I'll get back out there eventually in an over 40 league or something.I've been to pretty much all sporting events.My order is....
Hockey (Rangers)
Football Giants)
Baseball (Yankees)
Baketball (Knicks)get Lebron right after the season ends.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
DenFromNM wrote:
arnie11 wrote:
DenFromNM wrote:
Thanks Den. I remember when the "Dukes" were still playing in Albuquerque. They were the Dodgers AAA team as well if I'm not mistaken.
yup you are correct. I wish they would have changed back to the Dukes. But I guess theIsostopes name makes them more money.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

FOOTBALL!!! (or soccer as you guys know it)
If you come over here and watch a big game, i promise that you will never experiance a better atmosphere, The ground shakes and the passion is incredible, i really need to get to some more games like i used to!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

My absolute favorite sport to watch in person, is any and all types of road racing! I will be going to VIR this weekend to watch the Grand Am Rolex race. I have a favorite "spot" on the track that gives me this vantage point (end of the main straight-away . . . plus 5 corners).

·
6,601 Posts
I love to snowboard but personally boxing is my favorite to watch live in person as well as on TV. Being from the UK, soccer is one of my favorites as well.
You mean football :D

·
1,517 Posts
If I chose to go to one in person it would be college basketball and/or college football. However, I hear and see more watching it live on TV. Time, money, and effort just to "be there" has never been worth it to me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hockey. Especially now that we have Connor Mcdavid. Although I miss the old Barn. Rogers Place doesn't have the same panache. Feel like I'm in a mall. Would also Love to watch a Bears game at Soldier field. Or a UFC event at Madison square garden.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Skiing, though you can't see the whole slope while the athletes race down. It is all about the atmosphere around it, the food in the huts, the cold weather, the enthusiasm of a whole nation! It's definitely better then any soccer game I have been to ;) And second would be formula 1 I guess..

21 - 40 of 49 Posts