Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi all, just wondering what is your favorite sport to see in person. When I can, it is going to Soldier field, usually with my nephew Mickey,to cheer for the Bears. I also enjoy going to a speedway and see Indy lites and Indy car racing. My favorite drivers, Helio Casterneves, Dario Franchitti, Tony Kanaan and of course Danica. I am also getting fond of a new driver this season, Simona De Silvestro. From what i have seen of her she is just going to get better and better. Nascar is OK, Dale Jr. and the old timer Mark Martin are who I like see run good. What are your favorite sporting events to attend? :). ....Bob

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Curling....LOL

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Curling....LOL
Pleas my friend tell me it's not hair, :lol!

Just kidding, I remember the winter Olympics. I wonder want the training is to throw a stone on ice. I might be good at that. ....Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

djpop wrote:
I only watch them on TV cant put up with crowds
I see most of my sports on the TV too. My nephew Mickey is on the waiting list for Chicago Bears tickets. I told him we will go half and share. That is fun, being at Soldier field and booin ooops, I mean cheering for my favorite team. I think we will be tough this year, they made some nice changes. Also, I never thought I would want to see Indy cars racing untill a friend comped me a pair of tickets for the Chicagoland Speedway. It was the last race of the season a few years back and it was for the championship, which Franchitti won. I am not sure if Theresa Likes the Indy cars but I do! ....Bob

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I'd have to say Ice Hockey. For years I had season tickets for the local minor league team. They were the best seats in the house, front row on the glass in the corner of the attack twice end. You couldn't beat it. All I know is when you yelled, they heard it.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

toecutter wrote:
I'd have to say Ice Hockey. For years I had season tickets for the local minor league team. They were the best seats in the house, front row on the glass in the corner of the attack twice end. You couldn't beat it. All I know is when you yelled, they heard it.
Now that sounds like fun. My Theresa use to take me to the BlackHawk games many years ago. I have tried to take her back but she is now content to watch the games on the television. ....Bob

·
Registered
222 Posts
imported post

Hockey.... hands down.....I used to have tickets to the NJ Devils....3rd row on the blue line....absulutely the most intense sproting events I ever attended....especially playoffs against the rangers in the early 90's....kept being a Ranger fan to myself most of the time for health reasons...LOL

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
imported post

Watching in person or televised = Hockey, especially playoff hockey, Participating = Skydiving if it's consider a sport.

Lucky for you Bob, Dollar Bill is dead and Rocky is putting some games on (free) Tv.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

mikeeoinnj wrote:
Hockey.... hands down.....I used to have tickets to the NJ Devils....3rd row on the blue line....absulutely the most intense sproting events I ever attended....especially playoffs against the rangers in the early 90's....kept being a Ranger fan to myself most of the time for health reasons...LOL
Hi Mikeeoinnj, I agree hockey is a great sport. I understand about being a Ranger fanand keeping it toyourself at the opposing arena. I can relate, kind of like a Chicago Bears fan going to Lambeau! A big welcome To WatchFreeks Mike! Happy :cyou joined us. ....Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

sportscenterisnext wrote:
Watching in person or televised = Hockey, especially playoff hockey, Participating = Skydiving if it's consider a sport.

Lucky for you Bob, Dollar Bill is dead and Rocky is putting some games on (free) Tv.
It has been great that Rocky has almost all the games on the tv. My Theresa is a Chicago Blackhawk fan. I think she has probably seen every televised game this season. ....Bob

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

When we lived in New Orleans...we were regulars at the Saints games...her company had season tickets and there were always a couple not taken by clients. I also enjoyed their minor league hockey...was lots more fun than watching it on TV. Then we got the Hornets...and I loved going to NBA games. I also use to go to WWE& WCW events...as they had them in Biloxi and NO all the time. Pro wrestling is lots of fun. Even been to some boxing matchesin Biloxi and Bay St. Louis....butI do have to agree with RIP...nothing like going to a MMA event!! All action.....and really a great event to attend live. Much more exciting than it is on TV. And of course NASCAR.....I have been to Talladega, Miami, and Lowes Motor Speedway. I went to the All Star Race in 2008...and then the Coke 600. Had a great time....but NASCAR is much less stressful watching it on TV. You don't get so hot....the beer is much cheaper....and with a DVR...you can watch it when the wife isn't around naggin' ya to walk the dogs or somethin'!!!!

Since we've been here in Houston I've been to a couple of Astro's games...but when the team is winning only 75 games or so a year....it's not much fun. This year...every game I went to I would have sworn I was watching their AA team....they are terrible so far!!!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
When we lived in New Orleans...we were regulars at the Saints games...her company had season tickets and there were always a couple not taken by clients. I also enjoyed their minor league hockey...was lots more fun than watching it on TV. Then we got the Hornets...and I loved going to NBA games. I also use to go to WWE& WCW events...as they had them in Biloxi and NO all the time. Pro wrestling is lots of fun. Even been to some boxing matchesin Biloxi and Bay St. Louis....butI do have to agree with RIP...nothing like going to a MMA event!! All action.....and really a great event to attend live. Much more exciting than it is on TV.

I see you go to a lot of great sporting events, Congrats to your New Orlean Saints! ....Bob

1 - 20 of 49 Posts