Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to binge wear my watches, with one watch being worn for a majority of the time. This can be a problem, since I own over 40 watches, but its just the way things are with me.

With this being said, I do have favorite watches, with one that gets worn more than most. For me it is my Seadweller, what is your favorite watch from your collection...share a photo of it!

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Man, that's tough. My collection has gotten small as of late.

My general favorite is probably my Marine Master 300. I wear it often because it blends in nice with a suit at the office, but still feels and looks substantial on the wrist. It was also my grail piece for the longest time, and I let go of most of my collection so I could buy it.

That being said, If I had to let go of all of my non-heirloom pieces tomorrow and pick just one to keep, it would be my trusty Seiko SBBN007 Tuna. It is from the last year of production for that model, and I find I can wear it everywhere with just about anything and be happy. Plenty of replacement parts out there, the shroud takes most of the beating and can be refinished easily. I never plan on letting it go.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I tend to binge wear my watches, with one watch being worn for a majority of the time. This can be a problem, since I own over 40 watches, but its just the way things are with me.

With this being said, I do have favorite watches, with one that gets worn more than most. For me it is my Seadweller, what is your favorite watch from your collection...share a photo of it!
My goodness. You don't make the questions easy do you! :)

I'll have to get back to you all on this one. :confused:

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
For now it has to be the Helson Turtle, which is a near perfect homage to the Certina DS-2 Super PH1000m. I was lucky enough to buy one direct and it was love at first sight. It has that vintage 70s look and feel to it and makes you wonder why Certina doesn't resurrect it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
This one for me. Had to really think this one thru. Not the most expensive one I own,
(close) & surely not the least. (I reserve the privalige to change my mind!)
I binge wear too. Just over 44 in the collection as of yesterday.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
This one for me. Had to really think this one thru. Not the most expensive one I own,
(close) & surely not the least. (I reserve the privalige to change my mind!)
I binge wear too. Just over 44 in the collection as of yesterday.

An iconic watch that has gone through a few different stages. The two I can attest to are:

1. The 70's version of this watch, along with the Milgauss, was gathering dust at Dutch ADs back then. There was no market for it and it was the only watch that was sold below list. The Paul Newman craze came later ;)
2. The departure from the Zenith El Primero High-Beat movement to make way for a Rolex in-house movement. This made the watch very sought after in circles of Rolex aficionados and made the waiting lists insane.

The same briefly went on for the Sub Date once it was upgraded in 2000 or so. Solid end links was all it took to have you put on a four month waiting list. While I was on that list (incidentally, now I will wait for a year to get a micro brand diver :D), I enquired at a grey market dealers' (imports from Germany) about a 16610. He didn't understand my question and asked if I had one for sale and was actually offering me a price ABOVE list! It must have been the same with the Cosmograph Daytona.

Reactions: Myke and Roarry

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I forgot to add a photo. The one on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
My Longines Legend Diver, looks good on mesh, leather strap, and really good on a RAF Nato.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
My most comfortable combination also!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Número Uno....Tudor Pelagos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
An iconic watch that has gone through a few different stages. The two I can attest to are:

1. The 70's version of this watch, along with the Milgauss, was gathering dust at Dutch ADs back then. There was no market for it and it was the only watch that was sold below list. The Paul Newman craze came later ;)
2. The departure from the Zenith El Primero High-Beat movement to make way for a Rolex in-house movement. This made the watch very sought after in circles of Rolex aficionados and made the waiting lists insane.

The same briefly went on for the Sub Date once it was upgraded in 2000 or so. Solid end links was all it took to have you put on a four month waiting list. While I was on that list (incidentally, now I will wait for a year to get a micro brand diver :D), I enquired at a grey market dealers' (imports form Germany) about a 16610. He didn't understand my question and asked if I had one for sale and was actually offering me a price ABOVE list! It must have been the same with the Cosmograph Daytona.

Thanks Frans. Knew a bit of this. Alway like hearing more.
When I went shopping for this watch, everyone told me "good luck" finding one. Huh? I didn't know squat about Daytonas, not very much anyway. The first 2 ADs I visited both had in stock, both asking list.
Well, I have a cousin who is a BIG cheese at Citizen. Back in the day when he was on the road (regional mgr) he made many a conection. At a family function about 2 yrs ago, he said if I am ever looking for a watch other than Citizen, just call him. So I did. He gave me a AD name & owner to call. When I made the call, the shop owner said he had one & how much do I wish to pay him for it. That's a question I would not answer. He must have thought a great deal of my cousin. I said "you name the price".
25% off list, was his reply. I'll be there tomorrow. Left with a Daytona, a Lady DateJust & a Omega Seamaster. Have been back I don't know how many times! :)
How times have changed re the Daytona. Quite interesting. :rolleyes:

This does explain partly why I have a slew of Citizens. :cool:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow, this is a hard one for me. I tend to wear my newest watches more before I start going into a rotation again. I can narrow it down to my tisell pilot and my snxs75.

If I had to choose one...

It's a good size. It's comfortable. I can wear it with everything. If I can find a solid link with solid end links bracelet in 19mm, and a longer croco leather strap (in the same grey, of course) it would probably be my binge watch.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts