Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I love to find this out from everyone. What is the watch that you don't mind wearing if you know it will get dirty or potentially banged. This DOES NOT mean it is a bad watch by any means, but it is your "beater"?

For me it used to be a G-Shock, but that watch is now gone.

My current "beater" is 2 options.

Either one of my Invicta Grand Divers or my Zodiac

or

what about you?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

wolfe - isn't it funny how when you start thinking about this stuff one of your really nice new watches could be ... your beater also, lol

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
wolfe - isn't it funny how when you start thinking about this stuff one of your really nice new watches could be ... your beater also, lol
Yeah it is very funny to think about it. It was between my grand diver and my gunmetal Invicta mechanical both of which I don't see as beaters. Or maybe my Magico but that is a really nice watch for what I paid. LOL.

Don't know really but one of them.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The way I look at it is this - which one would upset me THE LEAST if I banged it, scratched it, or damaged it in some way. For me that is my Zodiac right now. I would still be UPSET if I hurt it, but...compared to my others I would be more upset if I damaged one of those.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I would put it like this -if you had to paint a room or 2 -which watch would you put on

for me -i'd have to run to Kmart and p/u one of those $10 Digital things cause i havent had one in about 1 1/2 yrs due to my collection

there's really nothing in my Boxes that i would paint a room with -all of them are too nice IMO

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
I would put it like this -if you had to paint a room or 2 -which watch would you put on

for me -i'd have to run to Kmart and p/u one of those $10 Digital things cause i havent had one in about 1 1/2 yrs due to my collection

there's really nothing in my Boxes that i would paint a room with -all of them are too nice IMO
You are right. I do have one of those old digital things but don't consider it a watch in my collection. I would wear it to paint but would never wear it outside the house. So my digital if I am painting but if I go outside the house it would be one of the three above probably.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I have a bunch of old G-Shocks, all with dead batteries. They're off in a box somewhere. These two have become my beaters.
The Spider if I actually have to jump in the trenches with the guys. The Duba Diver when chasing down Tuna; as you can tell with all the residual salt around the bezel. I guess I had better clean that up.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

WOW, you guys have some strange ideas about what a "beater" watch is! I think the watches you guys are using for a beater are nice watches! I just wear my rubber strap Luminox Navy Seal Diver at 40mm or my Wenger Commando also at 40mm.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

i think this is kinda of a personal question..........why do you want to know what kind of watch im wearing when im beat........oh...wait....you mean like what watch do i wear like to work or something.......ha ha.....

usually something inexpensive, like a gshock, or a cheaper invicta..........

·
Registered
71 Posts
imported post

I used to have a G-Shock that I beat the hell out of for work but once I got my Diamond PD I had to make the 8926 my beater for work. I still love wearing it and it looks nice but it will take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. AND, everybody I come across that doesn't know crap about watches or thinks they do thinks its a Rolex Submariner. HAHAHAHA!!!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Great selection of "beaters", guys!

This is my pair of beaters . . .

True beater (great, quality watch)

Kinda "dressier" beater (2-tone)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Stratos27 wrote:
I have three that are beaters or work watches that I wear. A old PD Auto and these two.

Jeff
Jeff - I actually like that LN a lot. has a really nice look to the face dial and case IMO.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Watchcollector - that is another "beater" that I REALLY LIKE. just such a cool looking watch.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

It is a great watch and will take all kinds of punishment. One other advantage is the illumination. Instead of the Timex style Indiglo it has 2 small LEDs, 3 and 9 o'clock. In a pinch, if you have no other option, it is bright enough to use as an emergency flashlight.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts