Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
for me it would be the 5173 with Meteorite Dial and Tsavorites on the Bezel, but in general I just love that whole range from 5171-5174 (model number relates to the Gemstones on the Bezel)

I'm guessing a lot of people forgot about them, or simply find them a bit too expensive

Definitely not an everyday wear kind of watch, but thats what I like about them; that they stand out as being different than most other watches out there

Super Moderator
Now that is insanely difficult to answer, and a really fantastic question
Sam ! 馃樀 Seriously, when you think about it, they have had so many
nice watches in so many different collections that have been nice
looking. However, always thought Sub-Aqua Nomas in general were
something extra special. I think this particular model # is 4679, and it
has a meterorite dial... 馃檪

Registered
One that is in the garbage.

Registered
Why even come over here to post if you are one of those Snobs that hates the brand?
Cause he really gets off on it. Pay him no mind. He is a hater, nothing more.
Anyway, I own about 20. I like anything that doesn't have Invicta chiseled on the side of the case. So I buy mostly Reserves. From a design point. The Subaqua Specialty is definitely my favorite. Pro Divers and Subaqua III's and IV's are cool too. They've gotten out of hand with the VI and VII. Just got a Pro Diver Meteorite. Had to have at least one in the collection. Heres a few in my box at the moment. Well, maybe more than a few...

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Cause he really gets off on it. Pay him no mind. He is a hater, nothing more.
Anyway, I own about 20. I like anything that doesn't have Invicta chiseled on the side of the case. So I buy mostly Reserves. From a design point. The Subaqua Specialty is definitely my favorite. Pro Divers and Subaqua III's and IV's are cool too. They've gotten out of hand with the VI and VII. Just got a Pro Diver Meteorite. Had to have at least one in the collection. Heres a few in my box at the moment. Well, maybe more than a few...

I like a lot more of their designs than I would actually buy (im not hating, just constructive Criticism)

1 of the problems I have with the brand is how a lot of their Watches are just WAY too big.

I get that some people may be able to pull off a Large watch, but i really question anything they make Past 45MM and im mostly interested in watches towards the MidSize to Large size range

Rather than ones that are XXL or XXXL

It feels like a dream that I was actually able to buy a Meteorite and Gemstone Invicta, and had it said "Rolex" on the dial the same watch would have cost more than my House: which is just Insane

I'm not a Millionaire or anything

And yeah, the Pro Diver and even Grand Diver look pretty nice and that Pro Diver Meteorite "Soda" is really a looker and there is a reason why so many Brands copy the classic Submariner Indices and Hands and Bezel on their own watches

Registered
Partial to the Invicta Men's 8928OB Pro Diver Gold Stainless Steel. With some easy mods , it鈥檚 beautiful .

Registered
I like a lot more of their designs than I would actually buy (im not hating, just constructive Criticism)

1 of the problems I have with the brand is how a lot of their Watches are just WAY too big.

I get that some people may be able to pull off a Large watch, but i really question anything they make Past 45MM and im mostly interested in watches towards the MidSize to Large size range

Rather than ones that are XXL or XXXL

It feels like a dream that I was actually able to buy a Meteorite and Gemstone Invicta, and had it said "Rolex" on the dial the same watch would have cost more than my House: which is just Insane

I'm not a Millionaire or anything

And yeah, the Pro Diver and even Grand Diver look pretty nice and that Pro Diver Meteorite "Soda" is really a looker and there is a reason why so many Brands copy the classic Submariner Indices and Hands and Bezel on their own watches
Yeah I hear you. I bought the big ones when I was 60 lbs heavier. Now I've lost 3/4" off my wrist. Funny how that works isn't it ? You lose weight in strange places, butt, thighs, wrists etc. I'll be flipping a few on the bay as I no longer wear any of them. They move well on there. I liked the brand pre-jewelry and wall clock. But now they have so much going on, I feel as if they've lost their focus on watches. I always liked the fact that they cranked out 4000 models a year. You know, something for everybody. But alas, I still look, but lately they've been coming out with some real stinkers.
As you said, now I'm looking for 40-45mm three handers. And I'm looking to move up in class. So Invicta is pretty much in the rear view mirror. But I do have six or seven that will be staying. Never had any problems with any of the pieces I bought. We part on good terms. Thanks for the props on the Soda. It's a very nice affordable piece. The gem stones and Roman Numerals on yours are nice touches. Don't see Roman Numerals much anymore. I'm a black spinel guy myself. Congrats and enjoy the 5173. Great bang for the buck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I hear you. I bought the big ones when I was 60 lbs heavier. Now I've lost 3/4" off my wrist. Funny how that works isn't it ? You lose weight in strange places, butt, thighs, wrists etc. I'll be flipping a few on the bay as I no longer wear any of them. They move well on there. I liked the brand pre-jewelry and wall clock. But now they have so much going on, I feel as if they've lost their focus on watches. I always liked the fact that they cranked out 4000 models a year. You know, something for everybody. But alas, I still look, but lately they've been coming out with some real stinkers.
As you said, now I'm looking for 40-45mm three handers. And I'm looking to move up in class. So Invicta is pretty much in the rear view mirror. But I do have six or seven that will be staying. Never had any problems with any of the pieces I bought. We part on good terms. Thanks for the props on the Soda. It's a very nice affordable piece. The gem stones and Roman Numerals on yours are nice touches. Don't see Roman Numerals much anymore. I'm a black spinel guy myself. Congrats and enjoy the 5173. Great bang for the buck.
Thanks, I got a 5171, I would like the Tsavorite version some day, but they very rarely pop up on eBay, last one I saw was at a fair price for what I feel is the most desirable version of the 5171-5174 Range

I just couldn't swing the money amidst paying some BS Debt, so I had to watch the opportunity pass me by

Maybe some day I will have the money when one pops up again, for now i will enjoy the 5171 when i get it

Super Moderator
Holy cow Sam, that Meteorite together with the red of those rubies
is jaw dropping, and ridiculously nice there above ! :cool: :D Just the
fact that you won't see this watch on every wrist is great. Then the
design gives you equal parts classic, and literally out of this world
cool !!!

Oh, and Forza, had known you had an outstanding collection, or
armada of Invictas. However seeing them all together like this is
honestly spectacular ! 馃樀 Every single ONE of them has such
character, and finds a new way to separate itself from the pack.
Incredible stuff sir !!! 馃槻

Registered
My Pro-diver auto

Super Moderator
Oh great Sam ! 馃榾 Didn't even realize it was that close to your
doorstep, or on it actually. Or how stunning the watch would be in
person. 馃槷馃槑 Just the way the colors are looking on both the
astonishing dial, and bezel is so much more vibrant, and majestic !
It's almost like the dial, or entire watch is moving, or pulsating.
What a combo, and what a watch ! ..HUGE congrats there Sam !!!

So glad it all worked out, and so glad it's on your wrist !

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Oh great Sam ! 馃榾 Didn't even realize it was that close to your
doorstep, or on it actually. Or how stunning the watch would be in
person. 馃槷馃槑 Just the way the colors are looking on both the
astonishing dial, and bezel is so much more vibrant, and majestic !
It's almost like the dial, or entire watch is moving, or pulsating.
What a combo, and what a watch ! ..HUGE congrats there !!!

So glad it all worked out, and so glad it's on your wrist !
Unfortunately I had to use the whole bracelet from the other watch, so now its just gonna sit around and the links aren't directly swappable with each other because one uses Screws on both sides and one uses Push Pins

so now its actually kinda like i upgraded the Bracelet as now its rocking a bracelet with screws for Adjusting rather than Pins

Super Moderator
Unfortunately I had to use the whole bracelet from the other watch, so now its just gonna sit around and the links aren't directly swappable with each other because one uses Screws on both sides and one uses Push Pins

so now its actually kinda like i upgraded the Bracelet as now its rocking a bracelet with screws for Adjusting rather than Pins
You know what Sam?! 馃槷 MacGyver would proud of what you did here ! 馃榾
Think it was a fortunate situation, or event actually. I mean you got to
enjoy the watch you wanted, and maybe, just maybe that other watch
can be put on a different strap, or bracelet down the road.

Registered
"forzaferrari said:

Cause he really gets off on it. Pay him no mind. He is a hater, nothing more."

Really?

My $4000+ Bremont Supermarine watch and the cheap clone ($49) by Invicta. The letter below is from Nick English, founder and co-owner of Bremont. I sent him photos of the clone and then purchased one for him to look over. They sued Invicta for stealing their design. Invicta settled, they paid, they took the watch off the market.

HI Alain

Many thanks for this - quite incredible isn't. Nothing like bit of design and developed time/effort on their behalf!

Would you know where you found these images??

Thanks so much for letting us know.

Kindest regards

Nick

Nick English
Co-founder
BREMONT Watch Company
Tel: +44 (0)845 0940 690
Fax : +44 (0)870 7620 475
Mob (US): +1 (310) 954 6384
Mob (UK): +44(0)773 4451 560
Web: www.bremont.com

The infamous "Sandstone dial" which not only former tv shills claimed were real Sandstone but so did the golden one himself. I have the videos of their on air claims. I sent that "sandstone" dial to a gemologist who is considered in expert witness in Federal and State courts. Plastic, not Sandstone, not even close to it.

The report is here for all to see. Invicta Sandstone Dial Report - Watchlords

Registered
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I was waiting for the Bremont to come out. It was $5000 the last time out. Dementia must be setting in because you told me these stories at least three different times in the last four years. Pack it up and tell your hater stories walking. You serve no purpose in a pro-Invicta thread.

Registered
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I was waiting for the Bremont to come out. It was $5000 the last time out. Dementia must be setting in because you told me these stories at least three different times in the last four years. Pack it up and tell your hater stories walking. You serve no purpose in a pro-Invicta thread.
$4000+, $4951.00 to be exact. I will continue to point out invicta lies as long as the brand continues to exist. caveat emptor is my advice before buying invicta. If you like the brand then buy them but try not comparing them to a rolex Nor make them out be anything more than a fashion watch made in asia.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts