Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to buy a G-Shock to kick around in. I never owned one and there are numerous models to pick from. Is one better than another? I have a large 8.75" wrist if that matters for strap/bracelet length.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Impossible question to answer. They make a hundred different models. Some digital, some analog, some both. Just browse Amazon. Also, the price range is large. From under $100 to close to $1K. You do need to pay attention to the strap length. Some are known to be a bit short while others are generous in length.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
imported post

I think it entirely depends on what you are willing to pay for a kick around watch. $50 to $500 is a big range. Try to be more specific about what you like and perhaps the suggestions will start coming.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I would like to keep it around $200 or so. I won't wear it very often.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
imported post

I have the gw3000 and love it. You can find em on eBay for around 200, or check Amazon with the 20% off.

If I were to get another I would go for the gwa1000 or gw4000. They are a little over 200, but shop around or find a reputible seller on eBay. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
imported post

doglover wrote:
I'm tempted on this one. With the sale at Amazon it is just $81.00 with a metal bracelet.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00134L8XU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I had the all black version of that model and still have my GW2000BD which pretty much has the same case. You'll want to know, that model is fairly small for a 8.75" wrist.

Depending on your tastes though, if you like smaller watches relative to your wrist size, than that model is great and is UBER comfy.

If you like larger watches relative to your wrist size, I would go for the recommendations that maliboo and dpage suggested. Those are newer models and are much larger.

I'm partial to the new G9300 Mudman in your price range for a larger Gshock that would fit nicely on a 8.75" wrist. I have girly wrists compared to yours and and I love my Mudman.

Dougfnj did a review on it and he compares some of the larger Gshock sizes at the end of his review, which might help you compare.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/WEdb-Rjqxjo[/flash]

Good Luck in your hunt.

·
Registered
221 Posts
imported post

I have a large 8.75" wrist

Woa!

I think you really need the 'King of G' G-shock model GX56 range. It will be about right for you at $150.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts