Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

so lets get things moving here, what are some watches you just bought, or what are some you plan to purchase, im in the no buy zone, so i need to live vicariously through you guys..............

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

very nice jack.........big and bold........hows the high polish working for ya......does it show alot of scratches?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Its holding up...I try my best to keep it from getting scratched...but you know how that works its gonna scratch just like the Breitling. It truly is a beautiful watch and i know some people had problems with the crown but i really dont have a big wrist so a few micro adjustments on the clasp and its all good.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I have had no problems at all with my Reserve Excursion either. The crown is perfect.

So far no scratches, butI am always worried about that and very careful.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Well Don, you know what I'm after, but I'm going to have to unload some pieces to get it. That's not going as well as I was hoping. I can't give these bad boys away! But that's another story.

I gotta have the Oris Pro Diver!!

I had to snag these to fuel my illness!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

2 awesome watches Tuna....I feel your pain on that oris PD Tuna...that watch is next on my list...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Like Don, I'm currently in the NBZ until Christmas. I do have my eye on the Defaubre Pepsi GMT diver though!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

This week I received my first automatic MM. It is really nice. Heavier then I expected and a good 50mm across including the crown guard. Here are some crappy cell phone pics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
imported post

My latest purchases were 2 NFW Vectors at a ridiculous price! Basically 2 for 1 and the were never worn or sized. I couldn't resist!!! Here's a pic of the blue. My wife got the black with leather.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Duff I was gifted the same watch in gunmetal and I love it. I LOVE you blue dial, that looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
This week I received my first automatic MM. It is really nice. Heavier then I expected and a good 50mm across including the crown guard. Here are some crappy cell phone pics.

GREAT looking Marina. I still need to take pics of mine so I can post them.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
GREAT looking Marina. I still need to take pics of mine so I can post them.
Yea, I thought I would have seen your MM by now, lol. You have been teasing me with the promise of pics! Let's see it already! :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I'm diggin' that MM James! Very nice looking piece. I gotta have at least a 24mm strap though. That looks like a 22mm? I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Here you go. now remember this strap I took off and added a longer black croc strap with a deployant clasp.

·
Registered
263 Posts
imported post

On order I have a Croton Vortex.

Planning to buy:

-Invicta Sea Rover? (still on the fence on this one)
-Invicta S1 Racer Retrograde

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

You should get off the fence on the Sea Rover. I have had the blue dial version for about 2 weeks now and it is my favorite so far. Of course, my first SAN III should come this week so that will probably change my feelings a bit. The only issue with the Sea Rover that I can identify is no half links. I really needed 2 1/2 out but had to settle for 2. Get it you will like it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
  I have had the blue dial version for about 2 weeks now and it is my favorite so far. 
Do you have the goldtone/blue or the silvertone/blue?

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I have the Silvertone all blue textured dial. You can see a pick that I have posted in the Your Watch Collection section. Really is a nicely made reserve for the price. Can't post the image again where I am at for some reason....probably blocked or something.

I really need some ideas for my next watch. I have already had a vote to snag the new Bolt but just wondering if there is something along the same price/quality lines I should consider.

·
Registered
263 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
I have the Silvertone all blue textured dial.  You can see a pick that I have posted in the Your Watch Collection section.  Re
Just went to see it, and it is very, very nice. The one you picked is one of the two versions I was interested in. I like yours, and also the gold bezel with the blue dial. I can't figure out why ShopNBC has yours listed at a higher price then the goldtone version. Yours is at $308 and the gold is at $280. I thought they were both the same price. Only thing that concerns me is the case size. how do you like the 45mm size of it.

Congrats on that Sea Rover.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts