Watch Freeks banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Yes! It should. They were named The Leafs, not leaves, almost 100 years. Truly the biggest gramatical error in all of sport. FYI, It was done deliberatley in the day. The jersey crest is legit.
Well, to be fair, the logo is "a leaf", making the wearers of said logo to be "leafs". Still funny.

· Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
I have three collections, wrist watches, golf club sets (have 5 sets) and the last collection is the debt to pay for the first two.

· Registered
434 Posts
Three or more of something is a collection, so I understand.
Other than watches, what else do you collect? (or have a great interest in)

My list:

Books
Classic cars
NHL hockey jerseys

Sorry, socks don't count! LOL :)

Let us know. :coo2l:
Hmm, let's see, what do I NOT collect would be easier. Haha.

Knives-Favorite would be Chris Reeve Knives
Pens
Movies-mostly horror
Movie memorabilia
Hats
Coca Cola stuff
Ford Stuff
Coins
Toys
Video games
Zippo lighters

I know there is more probably, but these are the main items.

:p

8,251 Posts
To add something funny: the green jacket in one of my pictures is an American Pad & textile L2, first issued in 1947 and the first nylon flight jacket. It was meant to be the replacement of the famous A2 jacket (light zone jacket).

Jackets of this model (and this particular shape has been copied more than the Sub :D) have become very popular over here right now.

Now the weather is getting better I sometimes wear my jacket and when I do you can see the bewildered looks on faces of 18-years old who must be thinking: "what is that ol' geezer thinking? That he can copy our style? What a looser!". :D :D :D Style doesn't know age and man, do I know to be stylish :D

Reactions: Roarry

· Registered
336 Posts
This is probably an old very lame joke, but not knowing anything about hockey teams, shouldn't they be the "Maple Leaves"?
Yes! It should. They were named The Leafs, not leaves, almost 100 years. Truly the biggest gramatical error in all of sport. FYI, It was done deliberatley in the day. The jersey crest is legit.
Well, to be fair, the logo is "a leaf", making the wearers of said logo to be "leafs". Still funny.
The Toronto Maple Leafs were originally named after the Canadian Army's Maple Leaf regiment. Since the regiment's name is a proper name, the correct plural is Maple Leafs (not leaves, as in the object).

How is it that it took a Habs fan to Google this? ;)

· Registered
336 Posts
Debts, mostly.

Aside from that I wouldn't say I 'collect' other stuff but I do have 3 or 4 fountain pens, 7 or 8 safety razors and various shaving products, a few guns, a couple of motorcycles.....

And did I mention debt?!
Oh, debt is always implied on this forum lol ;). Would be interested to see a few photos of your fountain pens if you have a chance.

8,251 Posts
Oh, and knick-knacks like these:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.