Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

8,251 Posts
  • Vintage Voigtländer cameras and accessories. I have 19 now plus a number of other vintage cameras.
  • Books. Mostly on specific subjects. I also have all Dutch edition James Bond novels of both the series that were published (60s and 80s) plus 9 books on the James Bond phenomenon. And we collect cookbooks, they run close to a hundred now. Lately we try to find older cookbooks.
  • Replicas of US flight jackets of the era between 1938 and 1957, both cloth, leather and nylon.

8,251 Posts
An addition to the above: I also collected knives and fountain pens. Given the chance I tend to acquire things like a 1947 Olympus microscope, two wooden tennis rackets from the Seventies, a leather football (Soccer) with a lace from the Fifties, the chemistry set I had as a boy from the early Seventies, an original Rubik's cube (first edition), a crystal radio set from the Forties, and so on. Yes, I have all those things :D

Reactions: Myke and Roarry

8,251 Posts
Nah, I'll make sure it is as lousy as all my other ones :)
No sense in changing things up now!
Now, now, you're being modest. Yesterday you PMd me, telling me you will announce your position on the Board of Directors of Rolex SA :D

Reactions: Roarry and ganson

8,251 Posts
Reactions: Roarry and ganson

8,251 Posts
I have an adequate collection of cigars and wine to choose from. I also keep a good supply of green coffee beans for roasting.
These are the necessities of life :D But what do you collect?

Reactions: Roarry

8,251 Posts
To add something funny: the green jacket in one of my pictures is an American Pad & textile L2, first issued in 1947 and the first nylon flight jacket. It was meant to be the replacement of the famous A2 jacket (light zone jacket).

Jackets of this model (and this particular shape has been copied more than the Sub :D) have become very popular over here right now.

Now the weather is getting better I sometimes wear my jacket and when I do you can see the bewildered looks on faces of 18-years old who must be thinking: "what is that ol' geezer thinking? That he can copy our style? What a looser!". :D :D :D Style doesn't know age and man, do I know to be stylish :D

Reactions: Roarry

8,251 Posts
Oh, and knick-knacks like these:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.