Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three or more of something is a collection, so I understand.
Other than watches, what else do you collect? (or have a great interest in)

My list:

Books
Classic cars
NHL hockey jerseys

Sorry, socks don't count! LOL :)

Let us know. :coo2l:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also seem to collect inadvertantly.

cufflinks & neckties,

watch magazines too.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I collect Civil War "Impedamenta".
Own a complete Union and Confederate uniform set.
2 CW weapons (they can be fired)
And complete sets of CW Time/Life book sets. Not
to mention various other volumes dedicated to C W

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have quite a large collection of Brett Favre memorabilia from throughout his career: my favorite is a life-size cardboard cutout of him. I had 2 jerseys that I regret letting go of right at the end of his playing days in Green Bay.

I also collected Rosaries and went through a phase where I made quite a few of them out of nylon cord.

I collected numerous books about philosophy that I never read, too.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I collect Knives, Guitars, and Optics, particularly Cold war era Warsaw pact binoculars.
I also collect guilt and regrets, but who doesn't?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
  • Vintage Voigtländer cameras and accessories. I have 19 now plus a number of other vintage cameras.
  • Books. Mostly on specific subjects. I also have all Dutch edition James Bond novels of both the series that were published (60s and 80s) plus 9 books on the James Bond phenomenon. And we collect cookbooks, they run close to a hundred now. Lately we try to find older cookbooks.
  • Replicas of US flight jackets of the era between 1938 and 1957, both cloth, leather and nylon.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
An addition to the above: I also collected knives and fountain pens. Given the chance I tend to acquire things like a 1947 Olympus microscope, two wooden tennis rackets from the Seventies, a leather football (Soccer) with a lace from the Fifties, the chemistry set I had as a boy from the early Seventies, an original Rubik's cube (first edition), a crystal radio set from the Forties, and so on. Yes, I have all those things :D

Reactions: Myke and Roarry

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Comic books. But I do read them. Wouldn't be a point if I didn't.

Nintendo games. Been holding onto the same N64 from 1995 and now buying up a ton of games.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Comic books. But I do read them. Wouldn't be a point if I didn't.

Nintendo games. Been holding onto the same N64 from 1995 and now buying up a ton of games.
Hey GL, now we understand one reason you just bought a house - storage!

:):):)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I also collect fountain pens and mechanical pencils.

I also collect ties, bottles of Vodka, and most of the boxes that my watches come in.

Finally, I have a small collection of political buttons.

-WW

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Goodwatch:

Nice collection of leather jackets Meinherr

My Dad collected German cameras. His fave?
His Voigtlander "Bessa". Gave me an Argus C4
Focal Plane Shutter. But I was never much of a
"Shutter Bug" like him.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I collect Fiats, Lancias, Triumphs and MGB's... Like to put V6 or V8 power into them and watch them fly. Also can't seem to throw away a single automotive magazine I ever get. Never know when you'll need that info. If you can find it... lol ! Also have a rolling collection of fine cigars and whiskeys. And I guess I collect golf clubs too, because I have a barrel full of failed experiments in my basement that I never use to go with the ones I do.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts