Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few years back I made a rule that I wasn't going to buy any watches unless they were automatic. But ever since the INOX line from Victorinox came out, I have been tempted to pull the trigger and get one. I have an automatic Victorinox dress watch and love it. Seems like they make good watches and I like the simple, yet rugged look of the INOX. I also like the idea of it being so tough but wonder how much of that is true vs. good marketing. The specifications of the watch seem to match most other watches (i.e. 316L stainless, sapphire crystal, etc.)
What are your thoughts on this watch? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
it's a monobloc case with beefy crown guards and a recessed crystal

this design allows the watch " to be run over by a tank twice " and to keep on licking

it wears high...and it is a ronda quartz

around 3-4 C notes

it is a nice offering...

being run over by a tank is not what i use my watch for...and i am kind of gentle on them...

but for rugged use this offering seems just fine

good luck !

and let us know

·
Banned
754 Posts
Buy it, you'll like it. I don't see them come up much on the preowned market which leads me to believe that the owners are happy with them. I saw one with an aftermarket super oyster that looked great but I can see them looking good with countless strap options.

I never cared for the inside of a watch as long as I loved the outside. I'd like to think that I would've bought regardless of their engine. I do understand that some need that extra connection of winding and setting the time, date, etc every time they use it. I love all my autos for that reason but I love my 3 Quartz pieces too.

Do it! Pull that trigger!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Tried on on at the Mall last week and have been fighting myself if I should buy one or not. Thanks for enabling. :D

Nice looking, well made watch. Fit and finish above par.

Maybe Ill get the green this time, much darker in real life than the pics.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
well...after reading the posts and reviews...because of the rugged monobloc case construction-broad shouldered crown protectors-recessed crystal...basically indestructible construction

they are good for military-law enforcement-fire fighters-nurse-hunter-fisher

rugged tool

i had not seen them on the forums before...good hunting

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
This watch has an odd lug width I understand right? Kind of rules out a lot of strap options, correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The INOX does have 21mm lug size. But so far, the the watch works well on the original rubber. I will probably try some NATO later on.

Its a tough watch that happens to look good too. My only real complain is the lume. Its so-so at best. It actually does last through most of the night, but you will have to charge it up well and only legible with dark adjusted eyes.

I love this red one though.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Feller Freeks:
Only thing restraining me from picking up a INOX is the proximity of the
Christmas Holiday spending. After the 1st of January. It's a dun deel.
What's not to like about the watch?
Great components, great pedigree. But haven't seen an INOX on gray
market dealers. Whyzzzat?

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
955 Posts
VIC I.N.O.X. ON BOARD

Here's a pic from yesterday morning on an overnight in N.Y.C.The now son in law is skippering this vessel from Brandford,CT. en route to her owner in Labadee,Haiti. She's a vintage, single mast 67 footer.He has his I.N.O.X. on board and should be sending a few wrist shots soon.Cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts