Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Tag Heuer Carrera
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bernhard H Mayer

This watch is listed locally and I know nothing about this brand.. If it is a good watch, I would offer a couple of Quartz watches plus cash.. Does it worth?

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Watch accessory

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Never heard of the brand. But that watch would be a hard pass for me. Here is why:

If you go to their website and click on Store, the pages says:

Bernhard H. Mayer is exclusively available from QNET – our partner of choice for global distribution of all our products.

QNET seems to sell everything from watches to electric toothbrushes.

It looks like one of those Swiss Made brands purely for export / tourists. It is likely running an ETA 2824 or similar Sellita SW-200 movement.

Likely made by Paladium AG, the same company that manufacturers for Steinhart (it certainly looks like it!). I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Edit: Found some for sale new online, price was around USD 1100. Not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
Mostly affordable solars...
239 Posts
Never heard of it...ergo no opinion...

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
I also haven't heard of the brand Mockbel. But what is interesting is the
site says they have been a company since 1871. 😮

The watch looks nice from here, but I don't want to tell you what to do.
Mainly because it's up to you, but like FBPB, and MM, I have never really
heard of them before today to be 100% honest with you.

·
Registered
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
101 Posts
First the Seiko Prospex like diver, then the Omega SMP, now some overpriced supermarket/airport quick buy unknown watch? If you want to spend 1100 USD, get a Certina, Longines, or a Tissot. I've seen pre-owned Oris Aquis for 900 USD with GM dealers in mint condition with the big dial. Oris is solid.

·
Registered
Tag Heuer Carrera
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First the Seiko Prospex like diver, then the Omega SMP, now some overpriced supermarket/airport quick buy unknown watch? If you want to spend 1100 USD, get a Certina, Longines, or a Tissot. I've seen pre-owned Oris Aquis for 900 USD with GM dealers in mint condition with the big dial. Oris is solid.
Yeah obviously I have entered an hole that I have to get myself out of 😀
I passed on this watch and actually I don’t want to buy a new watch.. I just want to get rid of a couple of quartz watches that I don’t wear.. I listed them weeks ago with no success so I am trying to find a good trade for a nice (not necessarily wow) automatic watch and that’s it.. I don’t want to spend much over the two quartz anyways

·
Registered
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
101 Posts
Yeah obviously I have entered an hole that I have to get myself out of 😀
I passed on this watch and actually I don’t want to buy a new watch.. I just want to get rid of a couple of quartz watches that I don’t wear.. I listed them weeks ago with no success so I am trying to find a good trade for a nice (not necessarily wow) automatic watch and that’s it.. I don’t want to spend much over the two quartz anyways
Alhamdulillah. I'm on the same track. Selling every watch I dont wear to sum up for a JB FF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts