Watch Freeks banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! I have such an unusual question, is it possible to install a space camera manufacturer in the watch, which would have a direct connection with space, and it would be possible to track our path through the prism of stars and space, that is, use the watch as a kind of device that can display our location , but not from the usual perspective, but in relation to space. We will be able to see the stars that were in a certain place at a certain moment when we passed in a certain place. How do you like this idea? Do you think it is realizable? I would be glad to receive your feedback.

·
Long Time Member
613 Posts
I need more info on what you’re trying to display. You’re saying our position in the galaxy?

The biggest problem you have is real estate. You have to keep the detail you want to show at a minimum so the user can see what’s going on.

Also, you could use a tiny OLED screen, or physical pieces in 2D representing the solar system. But stars are going to be tough unless it’s a screen, and even then they will have to be so tiny to still see the planets.

I think that’s possible, but keep going.

·
Super Moderator
15,617 Posts
Whoa, mind blown with this Jack. 😮✨🌠🌌 Talk about your out of this
world questions, this is great ! :D And I think it may be the very first time
that it's been asked. Or at least asked on a watch forum. Holy cow, and
even though I have no idea about any of this technology you are talking
about. It has to be at least possible what you are saying.

In a way, the technology is maybe already used in some form with how we
track space probes. As well as satellites, and spacecraft possibly. So one
would think it's just as possible to put it all in a watch. (y) It's just a matter
of time, or maybe it's already here, and being used. 😉

One thing's for sure, it was, or is a fantastic question. One that's beyond
fun to think about. ..It seriously blew me away. And I'm with Robotaz, keep
on going ! 😀It has to be realizable, or already is in the works.

Cannot thank you enough for the question, as well as making us smile !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need more info on what you’re trying to display. You’re saying our position in the galaxy?

The biggest problem you have is real estate. You have to keep the detail you want to show at a minimum so the user can see what’s going on.

Also, you could use a tiny OLED screen, or physical pieces in 2D representing the solar system. But stars are going to be tough unless it’s a screen, and even then they will have to be so tiny to still see the planets.

I think that’s possible, but keep going.
I mean that our watch will have a program that will be able to observe us from the point of view of the Cosmos. That is, for example, we took a walk from our house to a friend's house, and this program will help us see space during this walk. Not some subjective "space", namely the one that was above us during a certain walk in a certain place and point. Do you understand what I mean?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whoa, mind blown with this Jack. 😮✨🌠🌌 Talk about your out of this
world questions, this is great ! :D And I think it may be the very first time
that it's been asked. Or at least asked on a watch forum. Holy cow, and
even though I have no idea about any of this technology you are talking
about. It has to be at least possible what you are saying.

In a way, the technology is maybe already used in some form with how we
track space probes. As well as satellites, and spacecraft possibly. So one
would think it's just as possible to put it all in a watch. (y) It's just a matter
of time, or maybe it's already here, and being used. 😉

One thing's for sure, it was, or is a fantastic question. One that's beyond
fun to think about. ..It seriously blew me away. And I'm with Robotaz, keep
on going ! 😀It has to be realizable, or already is in the works.

Cannot thank you enough for the question, as well as making us smile !
You see, it's one thing to just have a connection with a satellite, but it's quite another when you program is aimed precisely at showing the cosmos at that time and in the very place where YOU were. That is, we draw such an even invisible thread from ourselves, which leads to a certain segment of the cosmos, and we can observe it, knowing that everything was exactly like that, at a certain moment of our journey. Do you understand what I mean?

·
Super Moderator
15,617 Posts
You see, it's one thing to just have a connection with a satellite, but it's quite another when you program is aimed precisely at showing the cosmos at that time and in the very place where YOU were. That is, we draw such an even invisible thread from ourselves, which leads to a certain segment of the cosmos, and we can observe it, knowing that everything was exactly like that, at a certain moment of our journey. Do you understand what I mean?
(y)(y) I think so. You want something similar to GPS, but
instead of it being a ‘global’ positioning system. It would
be a ‘galactic’ 👾positioning system. 🙂 Or perhaps an
intergalactic, or cosmic positioning is more accurate to
say right?! 😉

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.