Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have nothing against Casio, I think they are one the top digital watch manufacturer, just curious about your thoughts having them on ShopNBC.

I, in my own opinion, would say the Casio quality excels far superior to Activa, Waltham, and some other brands they carry.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I think it is pretty interesting and obviously shopnbc must see some real sales potential with the brand. And considering how hard they pushed the ani digital models from Invicta and Renato it seems to make logical sense.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I am glad that the Shop is trying out a new brand. That way it stays interesting even though I am not a big fan of Casio i will look to see what they have to offer. I'd rather see them bring in Citizen or Seiko.

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

What's the point, you can get any model of Casio at the corner drug store. SNBC is looking for any profit item they can get, and really not looking to cater to watch enthusiast's, collectors. The sales people are really just talking heads with nice manicures...:b

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

If they had cool models like this I might be interested

Casio G-Shock Gw-9200 Riseman - 51mm

47mm MT-G

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . to be perfectly honest about it, Casio is a better product than some of the other duff they have sold on Shop. I do not own a G-Shock myself, but I recognize the tremendous following they have, and it must be an earned loyalty . . . .

And a salesman can sell anything . . . soup to nuts . . . . it doesn't matter.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

I've got a few of them.I set my other watches to them since their solar atomics.other then that, I don't wear them.Also they list them as 47mm.Take my word on this.Its 47mm including all of the pushers.its actually much smaller than what they say.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
NO NO -it'll go like this

"YOU WANT ME TO SELL WHAT???" GET THE f$%k OUTTA HERE!!!!

:madd:madd:madd:madd

:%:%:%:%

BW-1 wrote:
I cant wait till he shows them, i bet he askes for a raise !!!!!!

Thanks A Lot, George! :madd

I made the mistake ofreading this thread, while I was attempting to drink my milk this morning..

Dude... You need help! :%:c:%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

They came, I saw, I'll take a pass. Thank you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

Well I have to add my 2 cents - I think that Casio is a good watch to be adding to their lineup - it will be something different. And while they may not be the so called "top of the line" watches that are sold there now they are alot more reliable then any Invicta made when it comes to quality control and standing up to wear. I happen to think the Casio G-Shock I just got is a very cool looking watch and, since it is an AT, it is much more accerate when it comes to keeping time then any of my Invictas. I still love my Invictas but I don't think we should be knocking Casio just because is it widely sold. In today's market what does that tell !!

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

When I got home from work, I watches the recorded videos. There are a few inaccuracies in this thread...but will leave that for another time...

As for the Shop having them, I think its great as there is quite a large market for them and plenty of people who actually know something about them should enjoy watching the shows.

The prices were certainly nothing special. The GW-530 they were selling for a hair over a hundred bucks is currently on sale at Sears for about 53 bucks.

The GW-5600 they had was claimed to have a thousand hour stopwatch...there are a couple of G-Shocks models with thousand hour stopwatches, but the GW-5600 is not one of them.

As for it being said that selling G-Shocks is not catering to enthusiast, or they can be had at any corner drug store or they are not collectors pieces...I would be happy to debate any of those points.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

That isnt why I knock them, I knock them because they are UGLY in my opinion! Like a red headed step child they are just as good as any other, just dont look the same!

rmar wrote:
Well I have to add my 2 cents - I think that Casio is a good watch to be adding to their lineup - it will be something different. And while they may not be the so called "top of the line" watches that are sold there now they are alot more reliable then any Invicta made when it comes to quality control and standing up to wear. I happen to think the Casio G-Shock I just got is a very cool looking watch and, since it is an AT, it is much more accerate when it comes to keeping time then any of my Invictas. I still love my Invictas but I don't think we should be knocking Casio just because is it widely sold. In today's market what does that tell !!

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I have been looking for one to use during my events so I don't bang up my nicer metal watches. I will be contacting watchcollector1968 in the coming weeks with some questions.

I probably wont buy from the shop just because I don't see the models I like, but who knows down the line and if the pricing is right.

Thank you watchcollector1968 for mentioning the better prices currently available elsewhere - good to know.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Believe it or not these are very popular with younger (<30yrs) club going hipster folks.

Guess it compliments all their cellphonenanoIpod thingys.

So I say go for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.