Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what do you guys think of this combo? I was given the watch face but it had a different band that did not fit and I had this strap on a different watch face.

So what do you think?

Also how hard is it to change the battery in this watch face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's just what you feel. I happen to like it. I was just showing off my new mix and match. Also I was just asking how you go about changing out the battery on this watch.

No need to be rude dude. It's not necessary to be rude to others for what they like. The watch may not be high end buts it's a watch I like. Sorry if it's not a citizen or relax or something like that.

·
Registered
527 Posts
That's just what you feel. I happen to like it. I was just showing off my new mix and match. Also I was just asking how you go about changing out the battery on this watch.

No need to be rude dude. It's not necessary to be rude to others for what they like. The watch may not be high end buts it's a watch I like. Sorry if it's not a citizen or relax or something like that.

You're dead right - it's just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you had just posted pics and said this is my new watch and strap, I wouldn't have said anything. But the thread comes across as though you're asking for opinions. I don't like bund straps, that one looks worn out anyway, and base metal watches really are not much chop. Well, the bit about base metal is not opinion, but the rest is.

Since you titled your thread "What do you guys think of this combo?" I mistakenly asumed you wanted to know what we think of this combo. And that's what I think.

When you say the battery is hard to change, do you mean it is hard to get the caseback off? That's a Rolex style caseback, normally you need a special tool. Sometimes you can unscrew it with a rolled up ball of sticky tape. Sometimes a squash ball will do the trick.

Because it is a steel caseback in contact with a base metal case, it's possible that galvanic corrosion has effectively fused the two together, which is going to make life tougher.

If you mean that it's hard to change the battery once the caseback is off, the battery is probably hiding under the top plate (the sheet of metal you see when you take the back off). I had this problem with Miyota chronograph movement inside an Elgin yesterday - for the life of me I couldn't work out where the battery was, until my watchmaker showed me where it was hiding (one of the benefits of having a watch maker working for you!)

BTW I have nothing against good cheap watches - I only have a couple of G-Shocks. But there are differences between good cheap watches and poorly made cheap watches.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's ok I walked into it. I was not trying to come across as rude myself. I was just asking do you think it looks good together. It came across from what you said was a little farther then most take it but it's valid point what you said. Thanks for being honest.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're dead right - it's just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you had just posted pics and said this is my new watch and strap, I wouldn't have said anything. But the thread comes across as though you're asking for opinions. I don't like bund straps, that one looks worn out anyway, and base metal watches really are not much chop. Well, the bit about base metal is not opinion, but the rest is.

Since you titled your thread "What do you guys think of this combo?" I mistakenly asumed you wanted to know what we think of this combo. And that's what I think.

When you say the battery is hard to change, do you mean it is hard to get the caseback off? That's a Rolex style caseback, normally you need a special tool. Sometimes you can unscrew it with a rolled up ball of sticky tape. Sometimes a squash ball will do the trick.

Because it is a steel caseback in contact with a base metal case, it's possible that galvanic corrosion has effectively fused the two together, which is going to make life tougher.

If you mean that it's hard to change the battery once the caseback is off, the battery is probably hiding under the top plate (the sheet of metal you see when you take the back off). I had this problem with Miyota chronograph movement inside an Elgin yesterday - for the life of me I couldn't work out where the battery was, until my watchmaker showed me where it was hiding (one of the benefits of having a watch maker working for you!)

BTW I have nothing against good cheap watches - I only have a couple of G-Shocks. But there are differences between good cheap watches and poorly made cheap watches.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Should I just turn the back to get it open? What size battery does it take?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah, you need to unscrew the back. Try a rolled up ball of gaffer tape, with the sticky side on the outside. That's your best bet.

You won't know what battery it takes until you look inside. The battery will have a numeric code printed or etched on one side. Then you just Google the code and buy one from a reputable vendor.

I'm a bogan Aussie - not known for my diplomacy, unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool and whats most important is what you think. I like wearing orange and yellow rubber straps and most people don't really go for that. I am very happy though and thats really all that matters.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wanna hear something funny. When I was trying to get the back off the band buckles broke. It was a cheap older band. I am trying to figure out what size the watch face is so I can find a new band.

Any ideas on face size?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I like the watch (would like it even more if it were mechanical), but not the strap. Just doesn't do it for me. I'd go with a nice vintage chocolatey brown leather strap, but not a bund.

As for the watch face, you'd have to measure it, but the case looks to be on the less-large end of things, 38 or 40ish mm?

Keep posting pics as you continue to mix and match.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It's a nice looking watch but the bund strap doesn't do anything for it. A medium or light brown leather strap should go well with that color dial. To find the size you need, measure the distance between the lugs (in mm.)

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts
This posting was a spoof, I hope?

·
3,979 Posts
Your watch is "rubbish" your bund strap is "arse"?
Without using expletives, never criticize another members choice(s)

My son had a pal and the kid bought one o those black motorcycle
jackets. Kids name was Ritchie. Like a complete boor I told him it
looked "thuggy" when he asked if I liked his jacket. Ritchie had put
in many hours earning cash for his jacket. Obviously he liked it.

When I gave my stupid, unthinking opinion tears welled in his eyes.
I felt about 3 inches tall.

Never again will I EVER criticize another choices.

Lou Snutt

1 - 20 of 30 Posts