Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I saw the blue Vulcan with the SS tonight and I'm not quite sure if I like the new dials with the open heart window at the 12'oclock. Has anybody picked up any of the new automatics with the 2824-2 movement and if so what do you think of them? I've noticed that every model has this same dial display.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I have never owned one but the blue dial Vulcan tonight was absolutely sick! I have also never heard anything bad about Renato other than their designs are getting old.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
I have never owned one but the blue dial Vulcan tonight was absolutely sick! I have also never heard anything bad about Renato other than their designs are getting old.
I actually kind of liked that Vulcan automatic that debuted tonight. I didn't like the price tag on it, but it seemed to look much better then the other models with this same open heart design at the 12. I bet this price will come down in time b/c all the other ones are going for about $500 now. Maybe I will wait on it. They say that only 30 are made of each series. I don't know if I believe that or not.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

If I wasn't in a self imposed NBZ until January or later I may have grabbed this one because I have always wanted a Vulcan. I just have so many others that are more important to me....NFWs, Hamilton, Debaufre Triton and dare I say I have a Breitling in my sights.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
If I wasn't in a self imposed NBZ until January or later I may have grabbed this one because I have always wanted a Vulcan. I just have so many others that are more important to me....NFWs, Hamilton, Debaufre Triton and dare I say I have a Breitling in my sights.
I hear you there. I have always wanted a Renato, but I have stayed clear of them b/c of the so called "TV Watch" title is has received. I think they are beautiful pieces other then some of the new chronograph designs which look like a crossword puzzle when trying to make out the time. I know most people really speak highly of them and I don't think I have heard anything negative about there QC. I really like the way the saphire crystal on this Vulcan curves. I also love the square box texture in the case and bracelet. HMMMM!!! I want to purchase this piece so hopefully it sells out soon.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I actually like the Vulcan auto, but I like it in the gunmetal version they released on Tuesday night. I decided to pass this time around though. I do have the new Vulcan Diver and I think it's a rocket hot watch! It's very well made...no complaints there. I've had quite a few Renatos over the last couple of years and I've never had a problem. I'm certainly not going to compare them to the luxury brands since I haven't owned one, but for the money spent the Renato is a quality piece. That's my 2 cents.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I am not saying a word!
I value your opinion Ron. Go ahead and lay it out there.
I have said it many times The Texture on the Vulcan IMHO SUX!!! Well that and the watch is too small, and when they produced the diver it went a step further in the wrong direction by adding a different colored pusher!!! I would like to jump on the Renato ban wagon, they have some stuff that is right there on the line of being really cool, but it never works out for me!!!

Example:

The T-Rex II was just released, sense when does a watch company come out with a new rendition and it is not as good looking as the first? The new T-Rex is terrible, I dont follow the new design criteria I guess!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I am not saying a word!
I value your opinion Ron. Go ahead and lay it out there.
I have said it many times The Texture on the Vulcan IMHO SUX!!! Well that and the watch is too small, and when they produced the diver it went a step further in the wrong direction by adding a different colored pusher!!! I would like to jump on the Renato ban wagon, they have some stuff that is right there on the line of being really cool, but it never works out for me!!!

Example:

The T-Rex II was just released, sense when does a watch company come out with a new rendition and it is not as good looking as the first? The new T-Rex is terrible, I dont follow the new design criteria I guess!
Thanks for your input. I think this watch is way over-priced as well. I liked the original Renatos too. They have come out with some strange designs. The best thing about this particular watch is the movement. I love the 2824-2, but not for $658. For that kind of money I could pick up another brand with a better movement. Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I agree the Eta is a nice movement but you are right, it isnt the end all be all. In fact I would pick the SW200 over it anyways. I dont know where Renato is heading obviously Daniel does and thats all that matters. Many people cant get on board with Invicta, and I cant get off the bus so I can understand that.

I am wearing a loaner I got from Arnie11 it is a RD Titan Black IP, and evertime I look at this watch I am amazed. When I break down the price of the Vulcan vs the RD Titan I think this is like comparing apples to Oranges, and there isnt any comparison at all!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Sorry guys but you would have to pay ME to wear one of those. I think they are ugly and way over priced. They need to go to the drawing board and come up with all new designs. You can only modify the same cases for so long.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

it is not my style. i think that expresses my opinions on the current watches.

i will say that i do like many of the older models

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

None of the new stuff really grabs me. I agree with Rip that the texturizing is way over done on the Vulcan. It's funny that Renato thinks they need to "re-think" so many of their designs when I believe some basic, clean dial configurations would go a long way. Just my .02, thanks.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
imported post

I picked up the Cyclops automatic for $479 and it an amazing watch!It has instantly become one of my favorites.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Watchride wrote:
I picked up the Cyclops automatic for $479 and it an amazing watch!It has instantly become one of my favorites.
Very cool. Do you have some photos of it you can post here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts