Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I really like the black and blue or black and red look on watches, but you can't go wrong with black and silver either. What color combination do you like best in watches? During Halloween, I posted blog entries about Stuhrling's black and orange watches. I don't think I got through them all, but there were a few notable ones that were given a chance to shine in the spotlight. http://stuhrlingoriginal.wordpress.com/category/black-and-orange-watches/ I'm starting a new theme called "Blue Trend," dedicated to blue watches. It can be blue on the dial, the case, or the hands, but I've noticed a lot of love for the blued look.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Are you asking in general which colors I like for watches?

If that is what you are asking then my answer is -

Silver first
Black second
I then like Yellow (dial)

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . I gravitate towards the traditional silver and black myself as well. I do like red, blueand yellow as accent and dial colour options though. Two-tone on the right piece. And I only own one gold watch . . . out of over 50 or so . . .

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Hmmmmmmmm.......

I wonder what Rip is going to say, i am a traditional Silver and Black guy, however i have some Rosetone Stuff as well as some yellow gold stuff. I am trying to venture out with some dial color but that isnt working for me!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm going to say a blue dial is the first thing that catches my eye. I like many other colors as well but not on straps. The fancy colored straps usually turn me off and that includes a white strap.

·
Registered
261 Posts
imported post

I prefer silver and black (black dials/silver case and bracelet). However, I also like white dials and green dials as long as they are more toward the hunter green side rather than neon green.

Also, a silver bracelet with black accents is hot! (OMG! I'm channeling Paris Hilton!!! Help me!)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

I tend to go for the darker colors...yellow gold has never really done it for me, but I have to say that I'm starting to warm up to the rosegold executions, namely the Eternal Sunrise II. You'd think that rosegold and brown wouldn't go together, or it would end up looking dull, but that's not the case at all!

·
Super Freak
4,915 Posts
imported post

I like just about all combo's although Rose-tone/Black is one of my favorites for a bracelet. The only problem with that combo is that it is too dressy. I also love the polished Silver/Gold that Invicta does like the Russian Off Shore Diver.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I like all colors and styles.

I really don't want to be too "traditional" then you wind up with a monochromatic collection.

I like yellow, red, blue and orange. Haven't found a green one that I like.

But the colors really have to blend with the design and style of each particular watch.

Also it depends on what kind of mood I'm in.:%

Also, straps, rubber or bracelets. I like to mix it up.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Let's not discount the Silvertone and Gray executions! The Cuvette is an absolute beaut, and it's the second Stuhrling that I own (second so far! There will be more in the future!) I ordered a custom black strap for it, though. Not that I don't like the brown strap, because it's gorgeous the way they have the glossy finish on it, but I don't have enough brown in my wardrobe to make it look nice. Also the strap was too big...curse my slender wrists. I can't wear sports watches because of that. Can't get a Madman, because it'd look awkward :(. In any case, the Cuvette looks really great. It's not as dark gray as the pictures make it seem, but the way the bright silver numerals shine against that dial...beautiful. It's a 40mm watch, but there's a bigger version, the Cuvette 44, if you want a larger case :)

Here's the ShopNBC picture: http://images.shopnbc.com/is/image/ShopNBC/v90305?hei=1500&wid=1500&op_sharpen=1

It's not a solid gray. It shines, and you can see the light reflecting off the wave pattern (guilloche, I believe it's called, pronouced "gi-yoh-SHAY" The "gi" has the long "e" sound. )from center to outer dial when you tilt it back and forth. I'm still waiting to get this one back from CS...

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Hummm...a blog entry on blue watches...okay Felix...here are mine that have Blue in them....

Swiss Legend President with a Blue Sandstone dial....now if you guys at Stuhrling wanna do a blue sandstone dial...OMG...I would be all over it!!!

My Renato Beast, dual Time zone watch...blue and gold two tone...

Swiss Legend Commander Chronograph on a blue rubber strap & blue dial, gold case and bezel.

My Naughty nurse and little devil....oppps...not supposed to post that in here Larry....

Hummmm....okay...back to watches....

My Blue and black IP Corduba Ibiza...and my Lupah Diver Blue and Gold two tone.

My QRD with a Panatime XL brown distressed leather strap...

Okay...so blue and gold is my favorite color combination...by far...

#2) All Black IP...black IP case and Bracelet...like my Uptown Ozzie XL

#3) The naught.......oh man....sorry Felix....Uhhh Oh yeah...Rosetone Case, black dial.

#4) Gold case, black dial

I am not a big SS or silver case lover...but certain watches that color do have an appeal to me...but they are very few. It's why I don't have an Invicta SAN III...they just do not appeal to me. I have several silver cased watches and don't wear them very often. Now my Renato is silver cased as is my Lupah diver...but the Blue and gold two tone is the main feature...and it's what I like!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.