Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We all have been brought together for our love of watches, but I know we all have other hobbies. I thought it would be cool to see what everyone elses hobbies are besides watch collecting.

I have alot of hobbies that include golf, hunting, shooting sports, camping and the one hobby that is getting the most time right now is helping to restore a 1968 Huey helicopter that flew for 2 years in Vietnam. Yup, the same helicopter that is in EVERY Vietnam war movie or news reels. It carried troops into and out of battle, was a gunship and a medavac helo. Ours was a troop carrier and it was also used for medavac as well.

SO, what are your other hobbies??

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Fishing for sure! I like to hike as well, although I haven't done any lately.

Working on that Huey has to be a great feeling; being a part of restoring something with so much history.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

MMMM...Eating of course is a big hobby for me...lol..., I use to collect rare and from Japan Godzilla figures, I have a couple gas R/C vehicles.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
MMMM...Eating of course is a big hobby for me...lol..., I use to collect rare and from Japan Godzilla figures, I have a couple gas R/C vehicles.
Eating is a big hobby for me also! My wife is a great cook and it seem my waistline keeps expanding!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
Eating is a big hobby for me also! My wife is a great cook and it seem my waistline keeps expanding!
Yeah i am in the same situation....lol....Just threw down on some smoked bbq ribs and watching the Jets gettin spanked....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Fishing for sure! I like to hike as well, although I haven't done any lately.

Working on that Huey has to be a great feeling; being a part of restoring something with so much history.
The Huey is a blast and the history on her is incredible! I have even found a pilot and a crew chief that flew our Huey in Vietnam. We have been able to reunite them with their bird and they were speechless to say the least!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Probably movies. I tend to be a sci-fi movie buff. Also, weight lifting is big...not as big as it used to be but still love it.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

i used to collect alot of different things.....knives ,swords, wrestling figures....

i eliminated all of those and narrowed it down to just watches, because i can only afford one.

i have a bunch of tattoos and that is kinda a hobby, i get them when i have the money.

i also like to watch movies alot, ....other than that, i normally dont have alot of time...usually 60 hour work weeks, so it doesnt leave alot of time for much else, i used to play pool all the time........but i dont really have the time to do it anymore.......sucks because i really enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Movies - lots and lots of movies. Have seen thousands and thousands of them and almost always have one on.

Working out - been a gym rat for years and since playing competitive sports my entire life. Wish I could work out more now, but still make it to the gym 3-4 days a week. Also playing basketball. Played organized basketball through college.

Building websites, blogs, forums. Also something I wish i had more time for these days, but still do whenever I have time.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

Aww...I don't think I have any hobbies unless riding & dance could be considered that...Other than my man, they are the only things that I make time for, I tend to be a bit of a workaholic & taking care of business is funfor me...I rarely watch television & I haven't seen a movie in its entirety in years...

·
Registered
238 Posts
imported post

I love sports, golfing, white water rafting, occasional Xbox'ing, as well as...

Hiking (couple pics I took in Gatlinburg)

And most of all, really fastMustangs...

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Me i like to flyfish, tying flies, skateboard, snowboard, collect coins, watches of course,and making Hip Hop beats, drawing and painting (dont do much of that due to my arthiritis)and writing poetry.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Like Tuna I am big fisherman, but only get too do this 2 to 3 times a year.

Building bikes, and cars is my favorite but with the Economical down turn that has put that a thing of the past.

Here are the Last four builds I have done!

·
Registered
563 Posts
imported post

Great lookin rides! My hobbies include hunting, fishing, swimming and watches of course.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Daughter, firearms, cars, bikes, Gym, reading, anything techy/electronic (love screwing around with my Blackberry).

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I thought those nature photos were stunning & then I came to all the pix of the cars...They are awesome !

·
Registered
36 Posts
imported post

Rock and roll(music in general), singing, Movies, jewelry designing, Cats and kittens (rescue), Gemstone collecting. Meow, kitten;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts