Watch Freeks banner

181 - 200 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Frans:
As you probably can surmise, I'm way way down the pecking order from Evans.
I'm listening to the Flatt & Scruggs Bluegrass genre band performing at the
Vanderbilt Umiversity.
B G is aka southern mountain music. I belong to a BG group and play upright
double bass. Also Martin drednaught guitar They cancelled my singing pass!!!!

Lou Snutt

Art, we all have different tastes in music but that difference doesn't make one better or worse. My tastes have changed, but not too much. Top-40 music is gone from the pallet bar some older tracks. Gallagher's blues ia still there.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

Leo Kottke - Dreams and all that Stuff

Yeah the cover is ridiculous but Leo could wring a lot out of an acoustic. Guitar.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
For the guitar players amongst you: Sweet Georgia Brown by the Joscho Stephan Trio. It's 5 minutes but worth it i.m.o. (Click the blue bar on top).

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #195

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Call me blasphemous, but I do believe Rory and Jimi and the like would even struggle to nail this one. At first. So very technical as opposed to the flowing, come-from-the-soul stuff.

Kinda like hand wound vs. quartz?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Call me blasphemous, but I do believe Rory and Jimi and the like would even struggle to nail this one. At first. So very technical as opposed to the flowing, come-from-the-soul stuff.
Absolutely not their style so couldn't even see them considering this as they never emulated anyone.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Absolutely not their style so couldn't even see them considering this as they never emulated anyone.
Sure, not that they would. Just as a level of difficulty reference. Same with the classical genre I suppose.

The girls get to decide on Sunday mornings. I've raised Beatles fans.

181 - 200 of 292 Posts