Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The S1 Touring was one of Invicta's hottest models. I thought the design team nailed it with this series, on the strap first and then on the bracelet. But now they go and do this? Really?
Maybe it's just me.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I here ya TK I dont like it all that much either, but if they sell they sell.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Ron said it well, if they sell they sell. ....Bob

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

And I have no doubt they will sell Rip. It just seems to me that they're getting a little stale on their designs. I understand that it's hard to continually keep coming up with fresh looks and ideas. Maybe they should stop trying to come up with new styles every few months. Dance with the girl ya brought! Actually stale isn't the right word. That contradicts my statement. I actually like the original design, so essence I would prefer they remain "stale" in this particular case. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Agreed TK, my interest and money have gone elsewhere. Seems to be the only logical choice for me, tired of beating my head against the wall.

CJ

TUNAKLLR wrote:
And I have no doubt they will sell Rip. It just seems to me that they're getting a little stale on their designs. I understand that it's hard to continually keep coming up with fresh looks and ideas. Maybe they should stop trying to come up with new styles every few months. Dance with the girl ya brought!

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Ack!!! Thats just ugly. That would be like Brietling taking their Super Ocean, slapping that movement in it and still calling it the Super Ocean...would really take away from the original watch.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

It's the ISA movement. I do not know if they can or cannot get ETA quartz. I know NOTHING of any quartz shortages and *I* think it's simply a cost-cutting measure, just like Flame-Fusion. The automatic ebauche cutoff is up in the air and may actually be prevented by Swiss law, but I don't see how it effects quartz.

I DO NOT like ISA's. I bought the first one, the (infamous) Excursion OTV, but don't like how they look and I think they are lower-end.

They are selling the $&!# out of them, though so somebody obviously does.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
And I have no doubt they will sell Rip. It just seems to me that they're getting a little stale on their designs. I understand that it's hard to continually keep coming up with fresh looks and ideas. Maybe they should stop trying to come up with new styles every few months. Dance with the girl ya brought! Actually stale isn't the right word. That contradicts my statement. I actually like the original design, so essence I would prefer they remain "stale" in this particular case. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel.
I will bet the marketing research they do is directing there watches this direction, it appears to be a pattern ever sense the SAN III OTV with the Ronda 5040F came out. They know what sells, and they will continue to produce watches that will fly out the door. I dont like them either, there are a lot of there new products that just dont rock my world. And then they come out with stuff that I just have too have, like I said man they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I can only hope that they nail the next gen XL Speedy. You know how I feel about that franchise! I'm confident they'll get it right.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
I can only hope that they nail the next gen XL Speedy. You know how I feel about that franchise! I'm confident they'll get it right.
I too hope so, like You I love that watch and if it isnt up too snuff I will not be a happy camper!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts