Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

I wanted to share a recent surprise that my wife gave me, late Saturday evening.

Everyone of you know that I've place myself within the NBZ, which doesn't mean that I will not continue to view, ShopNBCWatch presentations as well askeep up with my extended family within the watch forum. However, this evening my wife really surprised me with one of her recent purchases!

Saturday was a very cold day, in the Northern Virginia area. I spent most of the day, helping out my father in-law with a few of his to-do list items, cleaned out a storage unit and the best part... Just hung out with my family!

Anyway, after we put the kids to bed, my wife and I were sitting down and were watching one of her favorite dvd's, "return to me". During the course of watching this dvd, we had our normal small talk, about this and that... Then for some strange reason, we started talking about watches as well as the recent airing of the Stuhrling Originals. So the conversation went on and then, she popped this on me...

I was totally caught off guard!

What Model Could It Possibly Be?

IT'S A...

IT'S A...

WHAT!

THE!

:madd:madd:madd:madd

Needless to say, my wife was/is extremely upset! The main reason, is because (her words)"thiswas meant to be a special gift, for my special guy"

What can I tell you...

I'm sure glad that I've been blessed, with such an amazing wife!

Now...

As far as any personal views thatI may have, on this entire situation...

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

You are one lucky man to have a wife that supports your watch addiction to the point of buying you watches as a surprise. My wife has bought me watches but only after I have picked them out so the surprise factor is not there.

Sorry about the 'other' issue. The 'good' news is that SO has one of the best CS teams in the business. I'm sure they will quickly take care of this unfortunate problem. I am concerned about how many of these issues I am seeing recently. It seems there have been a large number of DOA watches delivered by many of the brands the last few months. Anyway, once your issue is resolved I hope you enjoy your special gift for many years to come.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Yo have an amazing wife for thinking of you and surprising you with this gift. Just an awesome woman.

On to the watch. It is a very nice model, but I am even further frustrated that this is yet another watch, mailed through the mail, that has damage on it. Like Marc said above, at least Stuhrling has fantastic customer service, but this still does not take away from the blow of having a watch be broken BEFORE being worn. HUG your wife and tell her that you will call the company directly and get this taken care of. Chuch - do you need Larry's number? If yes I will PM it to you.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Chuck that is awesome! The watch is real nice and what a nice thing for your wife to do! You have a real keeper there! Wear it well and in good health!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Was she thoughtful or what, Chuck?! How cool is that?!

I am sorry that it is defective, however. I'm sure that Stuhrling will take care of you. It's just unfortunate that this has happened.

I wish you a quick return process so that you can wear your beautiful Stuhrling gift!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

OK Chuck....you're telling me that you have a wife that GIVES you watches?? Hmmm, need to think about this for a bit LOL:%:%:%
Dude, that is so cool! My wife is "tolerant", thank God she has a purse/shoe thing or I'd really be in the toilet!!!:%

Congrats on a great watch (sorry for the problem) but even bigger congrats on having a kick A$$ wife!

CJ

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Yo have an amazing wife for thinking of you and surprising you with this gift. Just an awesome woman.

On to the watch. It is a very nice model, but I am even further frustrated that this is yet another watch, mailed through the mail, that has damage on it. Like Marc said above, at least Stuhrling has fantastic customer service, but this still does not take away from the blow of having a watch be broken BEFORE being worn. HUG your wife and tell her that you will call the company directly and get this taken care of. Chuch - do you need Larry's number? If yes I will PM it to you.
Yeah, James..

Though thisis quite frustrating situation, I'm going to reach out to Stuhrling's Customers Service and see if they still have any of the Apollo's instock. If they do, then I'd like to see how fast this exchange can be done.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Chuck, you have awonderful wife! Congrats and enjoy your new Sturhling. Wear it in good health. Also, do not forget to pick her up something special. ....Bob

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . James has hit on this issue repeatedly. A little extra packaging would have pre-empted the damage this fine looking watch suffered. There needs to be a retail packge and a shipped merchandise package.

Sorry to read once again that another WIS recieved a blown up watch . . .

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

That is very cool that your wife did that for you. It's the pits that it was broken, but at least your wife is such a sweetheart. That's what my wife would do to a watch if she found out I bought one. Ha Ha LOL!!! All our money is going towards medical bills now. I hope you get it replaced real soon my friend.

·
Registered
466 Posts
imported post

Hi Chuck,

I'm glad your wife got you the Apollo! The original Delphi was the second Stuhrling to catch my eye (Winchester Skeleton was the first), and I still find myself wanting this piece! Your wife is awesome for supporting your watch habit! If only I can get my girlfriend to do the same...that's beside the point! I'm very sorry to see that the crown on your watch came separately! No, we make an effort not to make our fans and customers assemble the watch themselves! That might be a different kind of marketing campaign though - assemble your own watch...in any case! Definitely send it back in and we will take care of it on the double!

-Felix, under the weather this weekend. The horror!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Thanks Everyone!

You know... it's time like these, when one needs to keep a sense of humor! :%:c

That's exactly what my wife and I have done. I've already sent an email to the customer service department, within Stuhlring Originals. I'm looking forward to their response, as well as a speedyresolution.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

WoW you have an amazing wife chuck...Congrats on that gift but what a bummer to receive a watch in that condition. These companies need to use better packaging...thats the bottom line..no excuse at all for that to happen...Hopefully they get their act together and in the long run it will be cost effective for them...Hope this gets straightened out asap Chuck.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

On something like this I would give them a call.

I've said this before, I've never heard anything bad about Stuhrling's customer service.

They will make it right.

On another forum I actually read one of Larry Magens posts to someone's thread complaining about Stuhrling. He called him out on it and the other guy actually apologized about it.

There's a lot of pride with that outfit.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Chux95 wrote:
Hey Felix,

Still waiting for a response back from Stuhrling Customer Service..
Chuck,

Just to share my most recent SO C/S experience . . . I send an e-mail, then followed up with a call. I was able to talk with Fraidy @ 718-840-5760. She sent me a pre-paid UPS return label via e-mail.

Her contacts tend to be more towards the end of the business day (both phone and e-mail).

I wish you a speedy process.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.