Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was rehearsing with my band. We are working on a David Bowie medley as tribute in light of his contribution to modern music and his recent death. We are mashing 5 tunes together and each one is really just an excerpt. and needs to be about 1 and 1/2 minutes long.
Th bass player said “I can time to excerpts, just let me go to my car for my phone”. I said”No, I got it”.
I told the boys to begin and right before the first note of each piece, I depressed the button to activate the second had on my Old Wakmann Chrono. Immediately after the last note, I looked at the minutes register and the large red seconds counter and was able to time these excerpts of songs to the second. Before the next one, I simply returned the registers to zero and did it again.
That is what a chronograph is for....at least to me

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well, it's pretty much for timing and calculating speed (tachymeter). The pause can time multiple sequences or laps. So, you used it correctly.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I also was able to use it to time the entire group of excerpts, but actually before we were practiced enough to transition from one to the other. I merely stopped the timing function between excerpts without zeroing, and then started it again when we were up and running on the next one,.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
For me it's for very little. I like the look of the pushers! Almost half of my watches are chronos.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I completely understand that, Roarry. I have to admit that this is probably the first time I've used one of my chronographs for professional purposes. I'm really not a racecar driver….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Oh there are as many reasons to have a chrono as any watch
I have one now, a 7750 in a Baume Mercier. The way it is designs it's a three hand
With the second sweep locked on 12

So it's easy to read too. For me this is perfect and I have the egg timer or whatever at hand.

Chrono watches are nice looking I have to say.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh there are as many reasons to have a chrono as any watch
I have one now, a 7750 in a Baume Mercier. The way it is designs it's a three hand
With the second sweep locked on 12

So it's easy to read too. For me this is perfect and I have the egg timer or whatever at hand.

Chrono watches are nice looking I have to say.
That is a very handsome and classy watch. I have a few others as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
They are for timing anything. Some up to 30 minutes and some up to 12 hours. I never use the feature on my chronos though. I start them with good intention but always forget to check them in time. I need something with an audible sound to indicate the end of timing. Many times I have noticed the chrono running hours or days later and wonder WTF I was timing.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I've had this chrono for awhile now and have never used it! this is the why i only have 1 in my rotation. They are nice to look at though!

·
Registered
154 Posts
For me it's for very little. I like the look of the pushers! Almost half of my watches are chronos.
This. Most of my watches are choronos as well but i've never used this feature at least for something purposeful like OP

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
What is this beautiful watch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info chef....been away from phone and computer lately.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I think I found my next Seiko watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pm me if you ever decide to pick one up....I will be selling it shortly.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts