Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after sitting on the fence about if I could afford it or not, a nice commission cheque from work and a good 15% AD discount pushed me over the edge.

Incoming is my dream dress watch, the Baume et Mercier Classima 8692. It should be delivered before midday tomorrow and I'm crazy excited! :)

My contribution around here has been a little lacking so far, so I plan to give the camera a charge and take a few snaps to share with you guys ....

Have a great weekend everyone!

James

Reactions: bracky72

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It turned up this morning and looks stunning! Fits my wrist really nice too ... BUT.

The chrono reset button doesn't affect the hour hand and it's stuck around 10. :-(

Just waiting for a call back from the AD now. They only had one so I guess my options are to get a refund, or get it fixed. For that sort of money I would prefer my new watch to be, you know, new.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Oh man talk about taking the wind out of your sails. You would think for what you pay for a piece like that they would check it completely before sending it on its way.

Oh and that is a fantastic dial on that one

·
Registered
799 Posts
Dude I feel for you. New means new. Perfect. Not repaired.

Reactions: Jams_123

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was really poorly packaged which I'm sure didn't help. The watch box was just rattling around inside a thin cardboard box with no packaging at all. No receipt or returns paperwork either. They rushed around to ship it out for me yesterday, but still not very impressive. The guy from the AD sounded really p*ssed so it sounds like someone's gonna get it in the neck.

Anyway, they've ordered a new one from B&M for me and it should be with me in about a week. They're also sending out a returns label so it won't cost me anything to return the faulty one.

Really taken the shine off the experience unfortunately.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Replacement watch apparently shipped out today for delivery tomorrow morning!

SO EXCITED! :)

Jams

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You and me both, man!

Cheers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts