Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing some good prices at Ross on Wenger watches. I don't know much about them, looking for opinions and imfo about them. Looks like a good everyday watch. I'm seeing some with saphire cristal and 100m wr for $65 to $80. It says Swiss made, but? I realy don't care they look nice.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Nice watches for the price. Nothing special, but if you like it that is all that matters.

Please post pics when you get a chance, we'd love to see what you got!

·
Super Moderator
10,695 Posts
Have only heard good things as well Rokwldr. :thumb: They make so many great looking watches, and have so many collections it's just great honestly. :)

By the way, is this what the model you picked up looks like by chance?

Congratulations ahead of time. Looks impressive ! :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Awesome price for a Swiss made and sapphire crystal. I prefer the Victorinox brand of Swiss Army, but that Wenger looks good. :smile-thumb:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I believe that Wenger is now owned by Victorinox. Infer what you will from that, but < $80 for a sapphire crystal sounds good to me.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
233 Posts
I like it with the orange. Just checked amazon. They say 1 left. hard not to pull the trigger on it just for that orange band. Have a orange isofrane on deep blue. Guess what I'm wearing tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Congrats on a great looking watch at a great price! Post some pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got both Victorinox and Wenger watches -- Wenger is entry level but I've been happy with both of mine (one being a Roadster) for the price.

$80 is a good price. They only thing is that they claim the crystal to be "sapphire coated" mineral glass. I'm not sure about that claim, but their crystals hold up well.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
943 Posts
As far as I know Wenger is now owned by Victorinox. They are more entry level then Victorinox thus cheaper in cost and build.

I only had one Wenger many years ago and interestingly while they advertised themselves as the Swiss Army watch, the case was stamped as made in China. This was over 20 years ago. The case was also not steel but some other metal and it was chromed. Did not have the problem with a few Victorinox watches I had, all steel or Titanium and great watches.

The best one was actually the DiveMaster 500 auto.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This one says Japan movement, and stainless steel. It wears well and has exellent lume good for about 6 hours. I wore it this weekend in the pool, on a wave runner, and in the ocean, not a problem. For the price, can't beat it. For fathers day my kids picked up a Tommy Bahama watch for me, I am surprised it looks like a very nice watch. They found it at TJ Maxx. I'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
943 Posts
This one says Japan movement, and stainless steel. It wears well and has exellent lume good for about 6 hours. I wore it this weekend in the pool, on a wave runner, and in the ocean, not a problem. For the price, can't beat it. For fathers day my kids picked up a Tommy Bahama watch for me, I am surprised it looks like a very nice watch. They found it at TJ Maxx. I'll post pictures soon.
Japan movement? :eek: Wow... so much for the Swiss Army... Not that it's bad but I would not have expected it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Correction, I was referring to the Tommy Bahama watch. The Wenger is a Swiss quartz, Rhonda 515. The TB watch seems to have as good quality as the Wenger. We will probably never know how much is made in Japan or China, not that it matters, it all works reasonably well. Posting wrong imfo is a sign of to many watches, if there is such a thing. I started in Nov 2013 and now have 35 more. I buy whatever strikes my fancy. Nothing to expensive and we all like a deal.:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Guess my local Ross store's supply had been severely picked over.
One Winger quartz. Nuthin to write home about. Checking other locations for
this weekend.

X traindriver Art

1 - 16 of 16 Posts