I like Gamble, Woman and Drink a lot.
How can I become a Reverend Kwok??????
LOL..........
Kwok. Miami. Fl.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

^ this is kind of cool I guess, for the Archimedes, although I would prefer something scripted on a solid case back I think

·
Registered
422 Posts
Motown5,,,,,,
That is a very Good choice. I think you both will find the common ground.
Wish you and further wife all the BEST.
By the way,,,,,,,I don't want to be AL or Jesse.
Just want to be like Brother TED.
Hahahahaaaa. LOL.
Cheers,,,,,,,,everyone.
Kwok. Miami. Fl.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Motown5,,,,,,
That is a very Good choice. I think you both will find the common ground.
Wish you and further wife all the BEST.
By the way,,,,,,,I don't want to be AL or Jesse.
Just want to be like Brother TED.
Hahahahaaaa. LOL.
Cheers,,,,,,,,everyone.
Kwok. Miami. Fl.

That's good Kwok. That's a step in the right direction. Reverend Ted??? Yeah it has a nice ring to it :) Probably sacreligious but a nice ring to it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
First of all congratulations on getting married. From the watches you listed I would say Hamilton. But keep an eye out for used Lum-Tec too they make awesome watches. But I also agree to go for a new one but you can find a almost new watch on the used market too. For the used market try looking at
www.watchrecon.com

But beware of scams!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
8,145 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Bro, if your future bride didn't like the Seiko, what makes you think she'll go for the Halios?

How about you tell her what you want and tell her it's not up for discussion.

Ted
because we watched this review video together and she said she likes it and could see us spending a bit more money over the Seiko for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Get it...
I emailed Halios and asked if any Black SS or Bronze Tropiks would be available by the end of May for my wedding, haven't heard anything back yet.

I'd be happy with either but think the black SS is probably more versatile plus I don't like the rugged strap that comes with the bronze model.

I also know a local guy with a blue Sumo for sale, I've seen it and it's LNIB with MM300 Black rubber strap and unsized bracelet, but he wants pretty much new prices "$425.00" and with the Yen exchange I think Higuchi is only $25 more, so I'd probably order a new black one if I go that route.

I still haven't been able to find a Hamilton Thin-o-matic to look at, although there are several dealers in my area, maybe I'll call around

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
update: got an email back from Jason at Halios, said he was honored but probably won't have any more in stock until late June :-(

I'll keep an eye out for a LNIB used one and keep brain storming.....

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
You know here's an idea. Decide which watch you think you like (I'm talking new now). Then check the return policy that is listed from the site. Get it and if you don't like it (and assuming the return policy states the same) you can always return it. I can tell you this for a fact, that a watch in your hand is much better than the photos you've seen of it. Typically the photos never do the watch justice.

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
You know here's an idea. Decide which watch you think you like (I'm talking new now). Then check the return policy that is listed from the site. Get it and if you don't like it (and assuming the return policy states the same) you can always return it. I can tell you this for a fact, that a watch in your hand is much better than the photos you've seen of it. Typically the photos never do the watch justice.
See I told you my Bro had the answer :)

Amazon has a free return policy on watches.

LINK: http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=8622296011&pf_rd_p=1753061602&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000508701&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NDCG7GMF2YY3VAVQ5RB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'm having a hard time locating the Seiko Sumo and Halios Tropik on Amazon.com

Can you post a link please

41 - 60 of 67 Posts