Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just discovered these type of files. I never would have believed there were such things and the array of information to be had is mind boggling. Some of these things are several gigabytes in size. my download speed is crap so I wont be getting any of them any time soon. Anyone else here download these type of files?

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

excuse my ignorance......im pretty good with a computer, but i have no idea what a web torrent file is...........different files and things im still learning.........let me know what these are and what they do......:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

No, it is not malware. To get the Torrent files, you need a program like BitTorrent or something similar. then go to the site kickasstorrents.com and do a search for anything you might be interested in. click to download, BitTorrent does the rest.

BitTorrent is a free program download from BitTorrent.com

You will figure torrent files in a hurry after that.
If you have fast connection, you are in business.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I use them for most of my music downloading.

Not always completely legal I would also add so you should be careful.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Torrent files work by accessing any number of people on the web sharing the file that you are looking for. They down load really fast because you get a little "bit" (bit torrent) from everyone.

Here's the bad news.

Never ever, ever share anything on the web. Especially music and movies. I know it doesn't sound sporting but understand this. The music and movie industry actually pay people to surf the fileshare sites looking for illegal sharing. If they see that you are sharing music or the like they can browse your share folder to see what you have. They can then download from you. Remember you can't share copywrited material on the internet. Once they have a number of files they can track your IP address and get your name and address from your service provider.

Real big brother stuff.

Then they will sue the SH*T out of you.

The problem with bit torrents is that when you use the software it automatically shares what you are downloading. It's just how it works.

There are better ways to get free music off the net that allow you to not share anything. And always download into a separate folder then copy it to your collection file. I've browsed people that download right into their documents and settings folder. You could read passwords, their name and other personal information, stupid.

Just saying.

Do a little research. Then download away. But be careful.

T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts