Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might be the only "girl" on active on this forum, but I've seen some nice bracets worn by the gents that wear them with their watches.

My main concern is scratching my watch, so I wear them by themselves. I don't mind with my more affordable watches, but I am worried about scratches with my sentimental pieces and my more expensive pieces. I have a couple of older gold or pearl bracelets that I would like to wear with a couple of my watches, but am worried about them clanking into them all day and causing damage to both watch and jewelry. Not so worried about my cheap pearls though, being freshwater costume. I also have a couple of sorrel color leather bracelets which would work for casual days and be safe.

Any thoughts? Or advice from experts on this? Are scratches easy to have professionally buffed out of case and band? I have been wanting to not leave my jewelry in a box anymore, and want to feel extra pretty when I get chemo LOL!

This particular watch is brushed stainless steel. Not gold.

Kitty

·
Oris Freek
3,523 Posts
No, there are several other girls/women who poke their heads in from time to time. Didn't want you to feel totally alone.
Anyway that is a very nice piece you have on and I would be concerned with your issue. Most men on here wear leather bracelets. If I were you, I'd stay with the pearls and or gem type bracelets. Although gold is softer than stainless steel, continued friction will probably result in small scratch damage to the bracelet and watch which at times (around the crown) is very difficult to polish out.
And with a Rollie, you may or may not be concerned about resale value. If not, go for it. Life is to short to worry about small scratches. Enjoy that watch... And your bracelets. Best of luck with the chemo. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Metallic jewelry and your Rolex will scratch and scuff each other. Unless the jewelry is has sharp edges though you shouldn't get any deep scratches.

You can buff/polish a Rolex but I wouldn't even worry about it. Rolex would do it when you service it.

So unless you are compulsive perfectionist and can't look away from a blemish I say go for it. Wear it all.

I have dents and scuff all over my Rolex. Even tiny chips on the crystal, but since the watch is running consistently I won't worry about it until I have to bring it in for servicing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to both of you for the excellent feedback. I think I'll stick to the pearls, as they're softer and only the nacre of the pearls will be scratched. My pearl bracelets are affordable freshwater and can be replaced easily. My Hubby thinks I should just let this particular watch stand alone on my wrist, which I mostly do, but I have a couple of bracelets I love to wear with it sometimes to dress up.

And by the way, Forzaferrari, I LOVE that white dial Seiko watch you posted today in WRUW. I have an Orange Monster and love that one. What is the model number on your beauty? And what is the mm diameter of the case?
That would be an ideal summer watch for me with some white swimsuits...in the lake...can't wait for winter to be over, can you tell???

Thanks!

Kitty

·
Oris Freek
3,523 Posts
Thank you to both of you for the excellent feedback. I think I'll stick to the pearls, as they're softer and only the nacre of the pearls will be scratched. My pearl bracelets are affordable freshwater and can be replaced easily. My Hubby thinks I should just let this particular watch stand alone on my wrist, which I mostly do, but I have a couple of bracelets I love to wear with it sometimes to dress up.

And by the way, Forzaferrari, I LOVE that white dial Seiko watch you posted today in WRUW. I have an Orange Monster and love that one. What is the model number on your beauty? And what is the mm diameter of the case?
That would be an ideal summer watch for me with some white swimsuits...in the lake...can't wait for winter to be over, can you tell???

Thanks!

Kitty
Thank you for the compliment Kitty. That piece is from the Seiko 5 collection which is a little smaller and cheaper than their big brothers. But they aren't small on value.
That particular piece you like is the SRP481 "Mini Ice Monster" It has a 42mm case and a 4R36 automatic movement that self and manually winds and hacks. If you sport an Orange Monster regularly, I'm sure it would fit you fine. Amazon is currently out of them, but I'm sure there are many other places you can get your hands on one. Such as the one below on ebay. They are getting kind of hard to find according to watchsleuth.com so the prices are going up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Ice-...494196?hash=item2398ce0634:g:HvMAAOSwVLRacL3w

I also own the made in Japan version of the "Mini Orange Monster". Only the Japanese version has the Arabic day wheel option. I think its pretty cool. :cool:

Like to see more of your pieces on WRUW. Post em up ! Take care. :)

·
5,983 Posts
I have never worn any bracelets on the same wrist as my watch. I have the same concerns about scratching. Although on the first leather bracelet the lock is silver, it will eventually scratch the watch.

Reactions: BevoWatch

·
Long Time Member
1,719 Posts
That is a beautiful watch. I say wear it how you like, with what you like. Since it is such a nice piece, maybe I'd be a little careful, but mostly just enjoy it. Best with your treatment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are not the only woman here, and I can say that I always wear a watch as an addition to the image. And the decoration is an addition to me. Wristwatches are different — from classic to sports and "smart". Create harmonious combinations, but remember: watches are always an accent accessory, bracelets are selected for them, and not vice versa! In any case, the bracelet should not "overplay" the watch, that is, if your watch is decorated laconically, the bracelets should be equally restrained. On blingadvisor, I bought myself several jewelry options to combine them with a watch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It might look fancy if they are sorted correctly. Otherwise it might look gypsy. I love hand jewelry, rings, bracelets and exclusive watches, yet I prefer to wear them separately. Well, the engagement ring is always on, I never take it off and I think that this one is matching absolutely everything. But bracelets and watches don't go along, at least on my hand. Speaking of which, I want to buy matching bracelets for couples (something like this Couple Bracelets - His And Her Matching Couples Bracelet Distance Bangles), but I'm not sure if this won't look to childish or even immature on a married, 40 years old man. So I really want to see what men have to say about this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts