Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Welcome David, very nice collection of divers you have!
There are many dive watch fans here, including me.

Please make yourself at home, we are a relaxed bunch with a love for watches of all kinds.

Please send your entry fee (one dive watch) to me and I will see that it gets put in the Freeks fund LOL:%:%:%

Again, welcome!

CJ

CMDrew6115 wrote:
Some very nice pieces you have, I'm looking forward to picking up my first dive watch soon. I think I'm leaning toward the Invicta 9937.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the site and GREAT watches. We have a bunch of people here who love dive watches. Many have been posted in separate brand threads and I would love seeing more dive watch threads in this section.

Thanks again and welcome!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
imported post

Beautiful collecton of dive watches, David! I have never lost my love for the dive style, own several in my collection. Those Omegas of yours are extra special, and the first pic is one of my favorite Omega styles, a gorgeous watch! Congratulations on all these wonderful watches!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hello David, welcome to Watchfreeks! You have animpressive collection of dive watches, Very nice! I have a question about lume. I know the Luminox is the best. But, of the non tube watches in your collection, which timepiece has the best lume? Also, I see you are a Saints fan, check out our "Sports" forum, we do discuss football. Again, welcome, very glad you joined us. ....Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Bob, Luminox is decent at best. The advantage is that it never fades. I was not very impressed, having owned the Planet Ocean first. The PO has blinding lume, as does the Omega white GMT that I flipped. Of all the watches I have owned and flipped over the years, Omega is the king of the lume. Yes, it beats Seiko IMO. You can actually read by the light of a freshly charged PO or Seamaster. No joke.

I found that Luminox works best after your eyes are adjusted to the dark. I kept my Luminox in my SWAT bag, and would use it on most callouts we had at night.

~ David

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

DMB wrote:
Bob, Luminox is decent at best. The advantage is that it never fades. I was not very impressed, having owned the Planet Ocean first. The PO has blinding lume, as does the Omega white GMT that I flipped. Of all the watches I have owned and flipped over the years, Omega is the king of the lume. Yes, it beats Seiko IMO. You can actually read by the light of a freshly charged PO or Seamaster. No joke.

I found that Luminox works best after your eyes are adjusted to the dark. I kept my Luminox in my SWAT bag, and would use it on most callouts we had at night.

~ David
Thank you David. ....Bob

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Very nice collection of divers. Divers are my true love!

I really like the Ocean7 and plan on adding one to my collection this year (the one w/the locking bezel ((LM-7, I think))). And, of course, I love the Omegas, particularly the GMT in silver...very unique.

Thanks for sharing!...and welcome to WatchFreeks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . I'm really just discovering divers here lately. That group you posted are absolutely top notch!!!! I would commit unspeakable acts to own an Omega, in fact I would probably willing behave indecently for a Doxa as well . . . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.