Watch Freeks banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads!!! And a special thank you to all the stepfathers out there, I am a stepdad myself to 2 great young adults now. I have none of my own, so this is as close as I get besides being a boxer daddy. More on the dog at another time. Being a step-parent has been both rewarding and challenging, sometimes both in a five minute span. Of course as they get older, Samantha is 19 and Robert is 16 it has become easier because the issues are different and therefore a more fulfilled experience for all. Looking forward to our semi-annual family vacation to Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky Ohio. This may be the last as the "kids" fledge the nest.
Wow, what an adjusment that will be, but we'll cross that bridge when it gets here. With a tear in my eye I again say Happy Fathers Day to you all.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Ever notice your feet have an annoying way of telling you you need new shoes? My dogs are really barking! Well work is almost done, was pretty quiet for a Sunday.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Hello, getting ready this coming week for vacation. Every two years we travel somewhere as a family and on the odd year we day trip from home. Well this year is a travel year. Destination Sandusky Ohio, Cedar Point Amusement Park. We are goping to stay at a resort at the park. One of my little foibles is collecting cans and bottles at work and home to finance the gas and lodging on travel days and help with meals. My wife and I also save our spare change for this. I know it makes me sound cheap, but I am what I am. Anybody ever go to this park? It will be my first time there and I am super excited, I understand they have 17 coasters! This may be our last family trip as one child is going to be a college junior and the other is a high school junior who will be graduating and getting ready to go to college when the cycle repeats itself. I do hope we can all get along this vacation. So many things to do there is bound to be som e rather strong opinions as to how we spend our days at the park. Wish me luck, I think I am going to need it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Well the good news is we did get along just fine this vacation. Nobody got hurt and no one puked from the rollercoasters. One thing stick in my craw from this trip, and that is people who don't pay attention on the road while driving.:eek: Let me desribe a scene all to familiar with most of us I am sure. Interstate, approaching a work zone with a lane reduction to one lane with a merge ahead in 2 miles. Nothing changes, right? Same folks tooling along @ 70-75 mph in both lanes. One mile, same thing, and I am thinking alright people lets start moving over to the one lane, but do they? NOOOO! One half mile same thing...1000ft. thay don't care! Only at the last second do they make a move and suddenly traffic is ground to a halt with folks trying to signal over:WW, and the ones who got over early are like "No Frigging Way!".:madd Just so you know that quote is directly from me. I say let them stay there for awhile and maybe a lesson learned. I do obsess sometimes, so thanks for letting me rant. One whole week of family time was fun and rewarding and I hope it wasn't our last family vacation.:b

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Well, it has been awhile since I last visited this blog. And for that, I apologize. Life has been busy and time on forums has been limited. I was thinking to myself the other day about the direction the Swiss watch industry is headed and got to wondering. If some companies have to drop the "Swiss Made" designation from their watches because of more stringent regulations, then what other options are there in letting the consumer know, besides the perceived value of the price to determine the quality of the watch?IE, more $$ equals more watch. I hope that question doesn't seem to convoluted. Is Swiss Made, the be all, end all for you? If you owned a Swiss watch brand, but were forced to source movements from lets say Japan, and your watches were considered luxury, how do you market your watches as still being quality? I guess this is the billion dollar question going forward, for many brands. Does Swatch group really want to stop competition? Can that be good, for them, us?

Thanks, for reading.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

If Swatch creates a market for movements I believe that the industry will find a way to fill the void. Other Swiss movement companies will see that as an opportunity and fill the void. The Japanese movement companies make a nice product and it would not surprise me to see them increase production to take advantage of the void in the market. I think Swatch may be overplaying their hand. There is clearly a perception that Swiss Made movements are the best. But if the market forces people away from Swiss Made movements, people may find out that they like the product just as much and maybe even the price point more with the non-Swiss made movement. Only time will tell.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts