25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Activated June 13, 2011

·
Registered
282 Posts
imported post

Well, hello fellow watch enthusiast! Welcome to my Blog. This should prove to be just as much a waste of your time as mine...hehehe! I kid, thats what I do. Every watch I own regardless of brand and I own quite a few Invictas, run just fine, thank you. I still will purchase Invictas except it will be from WOW or Amazon or other sources where I am not subject to someone saying something that will create all holy hell in the watch collecting or should I say hoarding world? I don't know how to feel somedays... Sometimes I am proud to have this hobby and other days i am completely ashamed. I just want to know how, YOU , the reader feels about this passion, we call watch collecting. This is all for now. See you in the future.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

What other brands do you own. I would love to see some of them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
imported post

I will get around to posting pics later but the brands I own are Invicta, Croton, Stuhrling, Swiss Legend, Orient, Reactor, Luminox, Citizen, Bulova, Pulsar, Philip, Nexus, Helix, Android, Adee Kaye, Magico. I want to branch out into the more upscale brands such as Hamilton, Oris, and Breitling and Maurice Lacroix. I will need a serious cash infusion though to facilitate this.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

watchmaven wrote:
I will get around to posting pics later but the brands I own are Invicta, Croton, Stuhrling, Swiss Legend, Orient, Reactor, Luminox, Citizen, Bulova, Pulsar, Philip, Nexus, Helix, Android, Adee Kaye, Magico. I want to branch out into the more upscale brands such as Hamilton, Oris, and Breitling and Maurice Lacroix. I will need a serious cash infusion though to facilitate this.
You will probably have to do what many of us did at one time - sell many of your "Invicta, Croton, Stuhrling, Swiss Legend, Orient, Reactor, Luminox, Citizen, Bulova, Pulsar, Philip, Nexus, Helix, Android, Adee Kaye, Magico". I did it and many of us did it. I sold over 30 of the watches I had purchased that had steadily LOST their value and were virtually untradable. I sold and sold until I had enough for one nicer Hamilton, then an Oris and so on. I have NEVER LOOKED BACK and never been happier with my collection. As many of us have experienced - it is an ... evolution and while it might seem hard in the begining, the end result and rewards of really liking your collection are awesome.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
watchmaven wrote:
You will probably have to do what many of us did at one time - sell many of your "Invicta, Croton, Stuhrling, Swiss Legend, Orient, Reactor, Luminox, Citizen, Bulova, Pulsar, Philip, Nexus, Helix, Android, Adee Kaye, Magico". I did it and many of us did it. I sold over 30 of the watches I had purchased that had steadily LOST their value and were virtually untradable. I sold and sold until I had enough for one nicer Hamilton, then an Oris and so on. I have NEVER LOOKED BACK and never been happier with my collection. As many of us have experienced - it is an ... evolution and while it might seem hard in the begining, the end result and rewards of really liking your collection are awesome.
Couldn'a said it any better than James just did. An evolution of collecting and many sold here as well. Still the sales will continue for some time to come as I am always lusting for that next "Bad To The Bone" timepiece. Like James stated, many of us have done this to minimize out of pocket cash outlay and it's worked great. You just have to decide what you actually want to keep and what's expendable. JMHO. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
imported post

Well its Tuesday and I am trying to decide what to write about. If you are going to be a reader of this latest attempt by me at being somewhat relevent, then I guess you should decide now to forgive me for the poor english, and sentence structure as these weren't my strong suit in school. Now, having said that, let me say that I am somewhat new here to watchfreeks. For that matter watch collecting as a whole. I got involved in the hobby about 2 years ago. I have had a blast doing it but it has left me wanting recently. Life itself has me wanting. I should give some backround, I am a 41 yo white male, married with 2 stepkids, one in college and one about to be a junior in hs. I may have started my mid-life crisis early , I don't know. I seem to be all over ther place an I apologize. Ok, Tuesday.....ever had someone at work who you would just like to knock the tar out of? I have a couple, 2, 3 guys who like to break balls, but everyday the same thing? These guys have got to get a new target or there might be trouble. I break balls too, but I rarely start it, so I get the you can't take it but you can dish it out thrown at me. Is that fair? I guess so. :wf

So, I have decided at work, from now on that its business and business only. That should do the trick. C'mon Wednesday!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

There are many guys I have worked with, and currently work with in the same industry who I would love to knock out, lol.

On your collecting, trust me when I saw this. Find a way to get yourself a top notch piece. You will be remotivated like never before. Once I added my first better piece (better FOR ME) I just wanted more. Completely got me excited again!

·
Registered
282 Posts
imported post

Ok, it is friday, one of my favorite days because it means cocktails...some of my favs are the standard rum and coke, jack daniels and coke, scotch neat. also gin and tonic, vodka and cranberry and vodka and oj aka screwdriver...what are some of your fav summertime [email protected])tails??

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

watchmaven wrote:
really???? can't type malechicken tails????
the auto correct working overtime, lol

·
Registered
942 Posts
imported post

Crown and Coke for me. Can't partake of any tonight though, have to work tomorrow. Kinda sucks when everyone else's Friday is your Tuesday. Have one for me though.

·
Registered
778 Posts
imported post

Hey Maven!

I'll be tracking your blog. We have some similarities; white guy middle aged kids and always wanting more watches!
Best

Scott

·
Registered
282 Posts
imported post

OK, so today I should say that my name is Michael. I have to work every third weekend, and that brings to mind what it is you all do on your weekends off. I like to go to camp, not at a site per se, but a second home only a little more rustic. I have been going to the same location for most of my 41 years, a quaint little island on Lake Champlain. Fishing has been a pastime enjoyed by myself on this lake mostly for panfish, but it has become a premier bass fishery and plays host to many, many tournaments each year. Also, my wife and I have a passion for good food and we love to search out new locations for our dining pleasure. Local short track racing is a fun time on a nice Saturday night. I encourage you all if you live close by to such a place by all means go support your local racing community. So I await a response or two as to what is is you like to do on weekends. Let me have it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
watchmaven wrote:
+I will get around to posting pics later but the brands I own are Invicta, Croton, Stuhrling, Swiss Legend, Orient, Reactor, Luminox, Citizen, Bulova, Pulsar, Philip, Nexus, Helix, Android, Adee Kaye, Magico. I want to branch out into the more upscale brands such as Hamilton, Oris, and Breitling and Maurice Lacroix. I will need a serious cash infusion though to facilitate this.

+100 Couldn't have said it any better :c:c:c:c

·
Registered
282 Posts
imported post

NYFatboy99 wrote:
Sorry Michael,, I have a buddy who goes by Watchmaven,.. Nice to meet a New One and have 2 :) Mark in NY
yeah , watchmaven51 I believe on another fora....Mark we have communicated before..your a HAM and I told you my brother was also n2xgu, also on that other forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts