Watch Freeks banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been doing a little research and reading tonight because i wanted to find out what watches our Presidents have worn in history. Through my reading I found some info about what a bunch of leaders were. Real interesting stuff.

For example of some of the info I found in an article from http://www.associatedcontent.com

The current president of the USA, Barack Obama, is wearing a very unique wristwatch. He wear a custom made stainless steel Jorg Gray 6500 Series Chronograph. This watch was presented to Barack Obama on his 46th birthday in August 2007 by the Secret Service. The current Vice-President of the USA, Joe Biden, wears stainless steel Omega Semaster. A former President of the USA, George W. Bush, wears a Timex Indiglo watch. Another former President of the USA, Bill Clinton, is an avid watch collector. He was seen wearing luxury watches like: Panerai Luminor, Cartier Santos-Dumont and Roger Dubuis Much More. And finally, the 35th President of the USA, John F. Kennedy, was seen wearing great watches like gold Omega Speedmaster and gold Rolex Day-Date President.
All incredible watches. Makes me wonder why a President could not just wear... a Timex or Casio watch?

More from the same article -
Presidents of Russian Federation also like to wear high end luxury watches. The current President of Russia, Dmitry Medvedev, wears gold Franck Muller Cintree Curvex Revolution Tourbillon watch. Former President of Russia, and current Prime Minister of Russia, Vladimir Putin, has a big collection of high end watches. Vladimir Putin was seen wearing luxury watches like: Patek Philippe Calatrava Perpetual Calendar, Blancpain Flyback Chronograph and Breguet Marine. Another Prime Minister that appreciates high end luxury watches is Prime Minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi. Silvio Berlusconi was seen wearing Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Minute Repeater Perpetual Calendar watch. This Vacheron Constantin watch is worth over five hundred thousand dollars. And finally, former General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev, wears gold Omega Constellation watch.
Personally I think it would be cooler if a President of our country or any country for that matter wore a watch that was more realistic the majority of the population they represented. Most Americans will never afford a Panerai, or even see one for that matter. The situation in Russia is even more severe of an example. Many people live outside of the big cities in very rural area. I would bet that Medvedev's watch is worth more then they will make in their entire LIVES. I have nothing against they wearing these luxury watches, it just seems strange.

Breitling watches are very popular amongst world leaders. For example, the former Prime Minister of Israel, Ariel Sharon, was seen wearing stainless steel Breitling Aerospace. Another former Prime Minister of Israel, Ehud Olmert, was also seen wearing Breitling watches: stainless steel Aerospace and stainless steel Breitling B1. The current President of France, Nicolas Sarkozy, was seen wearing stainless steel Breitling Navitimer. However, Nicolas Sarkozy, was also seen wearing watches like stainless steel Rolex Submariner and gold Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Another Rolex watch fan was the former President of Iraq Saddam Hussein. Saddam Hussein was seen wearing a custom made, diamond decorated, gold Rolex Day-Date President. A former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Tony Blair, is also as Rolex watch fan. Tony Blair wears a stainless steel Rolex Submariner. In comparison another former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Margaret Thatcher, was seen wearing gold Audemars Piguet Royal Oak.

World leaders have various tastes when it comes to watches. Not all world leaders wear gold luxury watches that cost thousands of dollars, however most of them do. Some world leaders wear more affordable watches that a lot of people can purchase. For example, watches like Omega Semaster, Jorg Gray 6500 Series Chronograph, Timex Indiglo, Breitling Aerospace and Breitling B1. As you can see, you do not have to be a rich businessman or a rich CEO in order to wear a watch that Presidents and Prime Ministers of various countries wear. However, if you want to wear a watch like Prime Minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi wears, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Minute Repeater Perpetual Calendar , you probably will have to save your money for a very long time unless you are already a multi millionaire. After all, not everyone can cash out over five hundred thousand dollars for a wristwatch.
I am going to look for more info about past presidents and watches they wear.

Here is the watch the current US President Obama wears -

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

interesting read. i would be interested to learn what other president wore (like nixon, ford, reagan, etc etc etc).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts