25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Blog is active!

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Ah, thanks for setting this up for me!!!!

Well whats the plan for today. In a few hours we are going to my parents for Turkey Day and will be watching some football.

We usually do get together on Thanksgiving, but this one is a little different.

My dad is a doctor...he is 75 years old although looks like a very fit early 60s man. Works outside all the time and still works almost full time. He tried the retirement thing once but just could not seem to get used to it. So he is still up at 430am getting ready for work every morning.

Anyways, a few years ago he got cancer and his chances of survival were pretty slim. He of course went to the best docs around and somehow they managed to fix him up good-as-new.

Recently he has begun to have some problems...problems with balance, severe weight loss, heart problems and a whole list of other symptoms...and everybody is stumped.

They have checked for cancer again and found nothing. Checked and double checked and changed meds, all with no effect. He has been to all the best docs around, contacted all of his doctor buddies around the country and everybody is just scratching their heads.

Some of his labs are out of whack but no rhyme or reason that can be found.

So, today is a special Thanksgiving for us as we are going to spend the with mom and dad as they will be gone for a while.

At mom insistence they are leaving tomorrow and headed to the Mayo Clinic. They will be there until the problem is discovered...1 day or 1 month or however long it takes. The Mayo from what I know is the place to go. There will be a team of docs and nurse of all different specialties doing what needs to be done...and at the same time they all work as one team with the latest that technology has to offer. Best of the best.

So if you dont mind, keep my parents in your thoughts from time to time and wish for the best!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

your entire family will be in my entire family's thoughts and prayers. all the best for your father and hopefully they figure out quickly what is going on with him.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Thats very much appreciated!!! They picked a heck of a time to go to Minnesota...mom is not a huge fan of cold weather!!!

TVDinner wrote:
your entire family will be in my entire family's thoughts and prayers. all the best for your father and hopefully they figure out quickly what is going on with him.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Thanksgiving - how we spent our day.

C'mon in, the foods almost ready

Kristie and mom. Kristie put on an Invicta...she did not think the red G-Shock matched her clothes. On moms wrist is her old Rolex...still ticking right along.

Cheers...me toasting my sister

Relaxing with a glass of wine...the finest wine that comes in a BOX :%

My niece Hannah

My dad, in his spare time makes bowls

Kristie and my other niece Katherine

Mom pretending to look at cans...she has just told me that if I take one more picture of her, that she has the perfect place to stick my camera :lol

Though we live in Tulsa, mom is a native Texan and wants everybody to know that.

Relaxing out back for a bit and enjoying the view

Eddie the big poodle

Dad and Kristie...thinking they are going to put the camera in the same place that mom said she was going to :(

She just looks guilty!!!

Anyways, took a bunch of pics and wanted to share a few...enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

very nice pictures!!
What blue watch are you wearing?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

watchcollector1968 wrote:
At the last minute I ended up changing to the blue G-Shock Gulfman...I think so far I have been through 5 different watches today.
hahah - I changed 3 times for the 3 different places we went.

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Ugh, its Friday, the day I start to get that feeling of dread. Kristie and I work weekends only...our shift is from 6:30am (and we always try to be a few minutes early) to 11:15pm...go home saturday night and get to bed around 12:30 in the morning...get up at 4:00am AGAIN and go do it all over again.

Having the week off is nice, but those weekends are killers.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

wow that is a very interesting work schedule. What type of work do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

I am a nurse and Kristie is a med aide (pill pusher). There is just one weekend crew that we are part of...it never varies so at least we are familiar with the people we work with...and being stuck with some of them for over 16 hours can be...stressful :(

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Question - I noticed that all your watches are sized to a size 7 and you do not have the links or boxes. what do you do with the extra links? lol - just curious. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

LOL...good question. A lot of them were lost when we moved. The house we bought is cozy but lack closet space...and with having had upwards of 70 Invicta's we just figured, ahh...we only need to keep a couple of boxes...I have one or 2 left I think (boxes).

When we get a watch, we tend to do so with the intent of keeping it...does not always work. She likes to wear a watch "floppy" and I like them to be still...so we settled on sizing them so we could both wear them...except for ladies only models.

The links just tend to migrate to who knows where...probably whereever that "second sock" ends up. Just not something we keep track of.

What is the logic behind that?...Umm...I dont think there is any logic...we are strange :b

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Rough weekend. Friday night Kristie was very sick and had to call into work for Saturday and spent most of that day getting sicker and sicker.

When Sunday rolls around she feels a bit better so we head off to work. Some time around 10am I went to find her to see how she is feeling. She looks like she is knocking on deaths door and getting sicker by the minute...she cant work that way and really needs rest, not to mention we cant make our patients any sicker than they already are so we find a replacement and she heads on home where she spends Sunday just as sick as she was Saturday.

Hard to watch your wife being sick and there is just not much you can do. I would rather be sick myself than for her to be.

Aside from that, we have a fairly busy week planned so we went ahead and did our little Christmas, just the two of us...I got her some movies as one of her presents...if she is still sick she can stay in bed and have plenty of stuff to watch.

Hopefully she gets better...dont want to face the last minute shopping crowds by myself!!! And we are supposed to go to mom and dads Thursday for dinner and Christmas over there.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

What was it? Does she have the flu or something else?
I hope she is feeling better quickly!

·
Registered
281 Posts
imported post

Supposed to be going to mom and dads today...probably wont make it. Roads are pretty bad, so will probably stay in, watch some movies and see how much we can eat in one day :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts