Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good information. I have to thank Current Time for originally posting it and I grabbed the link and info.

Source - http://www.orbita.net/pages/17100.htm

[align=justify] 1) Place your fully wound automatic watch on your winder (wind by hand).
[/align] [align=justify] 2) Set your winder to bi-directional winding at 950 TPD. [/align] [align=justify] If this setting doesn't keep your watch wound, go to step 3. [/align] [align=justify] If this setting keeps your watch wound, decrease TPD to the lowest setting that still keeps your watch wound.
[/align] [align=justify] 3) Set your winder to clockwise winding at 950 TPD. [/align] [align=justify] If this setting doesn't keep your watch wound, go to step 4. [/align] [align=justify] If this setting keeps your watch wound, decrease TPD to the lowest setting that still keeps your watch wound.
[/align] [align=justify] 4) Set your winder to counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise) winding at 950 TPD. [/align] [align=justify] If this setting doesn't keep your watch wound, please contact the manufacturer or call us at 910-256-5300. [/align] [align=justify] If this setting keeps your watch wound, decrease TPD to the lowest setting that still keeps your watch wound.[/align] [align=justify]Please note: Most watches that wind bi-directionally will be able to wind at all rotational settings: Both, CW, CCW. Watches that wind uni-directionally will only be able to wind in one direction, either CW or CCW.[/align][align=justify]Orbita cannot guarantee that this database is perfect as we cannot test every watch. We are only as good as the information that we receive directly from manufacturers or their distributors, from our customers, or through our research. If you cannot find a listing, we suggest that you try the following method to determine your watch winding settings:[/align]

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

and i have an 8 head winder that does all that independantly for 8 watches -3 speeds, clockwise, counterclockwise & both dorections - DIRT CHEAP !!! LOL

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
and i have an 8 head winder that does all that independantly for 8 watches -3 speeds, clockwise, counterclockwise & both dorections - DIRT CHEAP !!! LOL
If only had money left. This past month did me in.

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

My 4 slot winder does this automatically and I picked up on Ebay for $76.99

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

Orbitas new winders do the tpd spread out at a much slower rate.tpd for a eta 2824 or similar movement is 650 tpd, either or both directions. Any of The eta Valjoux 7750/7751 varients are cw only and need the high setting of 950 tpd.

This works on movements from 21,600 to 28,800 vph. Heres a interesting fact.Neither orbita or Wolf produce a winder that will keep a high beat movement at full wind.Thats a 36,000 vph movement.I have 2 zeniths.I use a cheap ebay winder that does the job just fine.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I have twos run cw only and the swi runs cw an ccwwolf and a swi the wolfs run cw only and the swi runs cw and ccw all three at 950 tpd thes help keep my autos wound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts