Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know it's early in the event, but thus far the prices are really craptacular, in my opinion. The supposed "hot prices" on the Coalition Forces, SAN LE 1.4 and 2.4, and the Quartz Leviathan are anything but, and some being on 3-4 ValuePays instead of 5-6 just rubs salt in the wound.

Not off to a good start.

Oh but wait, Eyal's about to come on the air, we'll see how he and Jimmy can put sugar frosting on a turd and try to convince us it's yummy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . Saw your post, so I flicked on the PIP to Shop.

The Coalition is on. I have to say, it is one of the single most hideous items on the planet.

A mess of pushers and lug bolts . . . with the cheesiest movement you possibly stuff into a watch case.( my handi-capped son has that movement in his Nat.Geo watch, so he can learn to tell time).

And for $600 plus dollars!?!?!?!?! Man, the slope is well greased.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Hmmmmmm.......Coalition forces IMHO rocks and I dont like ana-Digi but I would rock that bad boy any day of the week.

Pricing seems good too me, Akula comes in @ $170.00, Combat Excursion $250.00, SAS on Rubber $260.00.

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

I really dig the Coalition- it IS a bada$$ watch, and the movement is awesome- it does it all, but I'll have to wait til the summer to get it for under $400, cause 7 bills just seems a bit high for that one (although it did sell out in 5 minutes, so I guess I'm in the minority there). The compass is hot, though. What's really gonna make me itch is the Venom OTV- I love my black Venom and wouldn't mind having one with that kit, but it'll have to be a clean 3 hand auto for me to pull the trigger, and that won't happen for at least another few months.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't have the Coalition just because of the Ti coating. Ti is not very scratch resistant...if you really wore that bad boy in combat..it would look like he)) in a few weeks. I don't know if they came up with a new way to keep it from scratching.....but if they didn't...don't wear this bad boy out to play Paintball in...you'll scratch it up super fast. Ti is light, durable...but goodness does it scratch easy. If you ever had a Ti shaft on a golf club...you'll know what I am talking about. Just my opinion.

Nothing they had on so far did anything for me...I'll wait to see what Larry Magen brings out from SO.

Well...my wife...yes..my wife...talked me into getting the SAS Once Only Value just a few minutes ago. She said she knew I had been wanting a really nice watch with an Orange dial...and she thought the SAS was very nice looking!!!!! So I ordered one at about 10:45PM Central time....just before the pricing went away!!! The price was good...but with 6 VP's of only a little over 40 bucks....I couldn't pass it up!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

That's a good point, Larry. I've seen first hand what happens to Ti shafts. I doubt they coated it w/a scratch resistant anything, or it surely would've been mentioned. I bet it'd look pretty sweet bead blasted, though. I'd rather have the heavier steel anyway.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

They're getting ready to present the 3 winder Sicuro..

Wonder if they're gonna address any of thewinder issues, that quite a few customers have experienced?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Looks like they've suggested to angle the watches a bit more, to ensure that the watches remained wound. I guess they may have realized that the incline of the winders, may not have been angled enough..

As I understand, it is a quality built watch storage unit. Maybe the next batch will have an increased incline for the 3 winders.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

BIGtime wrote:
That's a good point, Larry. I've seen first hand what happens to Ti shafts. I doubt they coated it w/a scratch resistant anything, or it surely would've been mentioned. I bet it'd look pretty sweet bead blasted, though. I'd rather have the heavier steel anyway.
Then you know what I mean BIGTime....Ti scratches so darn easy!!! Even a while back...Croton brought a Ti watch in and the Merm mentioned that Ti scratches really easy...it's not like Tungsten. I really don't know why they didn't mention that on air. You are gonna have a lot of P.O.ed people when they start taking that bad boy outdoors and doing things with it on, and it comes back all scratched up!!!

Like I said...We got to where we would not install Ti shafts on golfers' drivers and fairway woods because they kept coming back and we would have to eat the cost of the Ti shaft and put a new graphite shaft back on their club...for free. That's why you don't see Ti shafts advertised anymore.

Tim is with Eyal is on with Tim right now doing the OTV Venom Kit. I figured Jim would stay on and do the OTV and then hand it over to Tim. Oh well...I'm going to go get some sleep!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
BIGtime wrote:
Then you know what I mean BIGTime....Ti scratches so darn easy!!! Even a while back...Croton brought a Ti watch in and the Merm mentioned that Ti scratches really easy...it's not like Tungsten. I really don't know why they didn't mention that on air. You are gonna have a lot of P.O.ed people when they start taking that bad boy outdoors and doing things with it on, and it comes back all scratched up!!!

Like I said...We got to where we would not install Ti shafts on golfers' drivers and fairway woods because they kept coming back and we would have to eat the cost of the Ti shaft and put a new graphite shaft back on their club...for free. That's why you don't see Ti shafts advertised anymore.

Tim is with Eyal is on with Tim right now doing the OTV Venom Kit. I figured Jim would stay on and do the OTV and then hand it over to Tim. Oh well...I'm going to go get some sleep!!!

I'm going to try and stay up for a few moments longer...

Though they've got some real nice pieces... It looks like, I'll be holding off on any addtional purchases, at this time..

Then Again...

One Never Knows.. :wf

Have A Good Night, Larry..

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I just got home. I am watching my DVR of the shows.

I am not a big Coalition fan for these reasons
1) I am not a big ani digi fan from any company. I just dont really like digital in general
2) the pushers on both sides. Again, this is just my opinion, but I don't personally like watches with pushers on both sides of the watch.

I did like the bracelet. Looked nice.

I will pass on this one, but I am sure many people purchased it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Still watching my DVR and just got to the Combat Excursion Chronograph. I like the look of this one to be honest. Very black watch all around.

I do have a question - why is the date window white? Why can't they do one of these with the background of the date window black and the number in white, or a gray? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Still watching - just got to the Venom OTV. Wonder why they are not demonstrating the way the bracelet and strap are interchangeable ?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Still watching my DVR and just got to the Combat Excursion Chronograph. I like the look of this one to be honest. Very black watch all around.

I do have a question - why is the date window white? Why can't they do one of these with the background of the date window black and the number in white, or a gray? Just curious.
I agree.

Swiss Legend did just that with the Black Neptune. Seems silly to have a white date window in an all black watch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Well, that's it for me...

Time to get to bed...

Got to go running in the morning, before church...

I keep going back and forth,about the OTV... :eek:

Guess, I'll sleep on it..

Y'all have a great night!

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
I wouldn't have the Coalition just because of the Ti coating. Ti is not very scratch resistant...if you really wore that bad boy in combat..it would look like he)) in a few weeks. I don't know if they came up with a new way to keep it from scratching.....but if they didn't...don't wear this bad boy out to play Paintball in...you'll scratch it up super fast. Ti is light, durable...but goodness does it scratch easy. If you ever had a Ti shaft on a golf club...you'll know what I am talking about. Just my opinion.

Nothing they had on so far did anything for me...I'll wait to see what Larry Magen brings out from SO.

Well...my wife...yes..my wife...talked me into getting the SAS Once Only Value just a few minutes ago. She said she knew I had been wanting a really nice watch with an Orange dial...and she thought the SAS was very nice looking!!!!! So I ordered one at about 10:45PM Central time....just before the pricing went away!!! The price was good...but with 6 VP's of only a little over 40 bucks....I couldn't pass it up!!!
They did say that the Titanium had a "Scratch Resistant" coating; but never went into detail about it!!!! I couldn't believe that Eyal said "Tim, give me that tool" when he asked Tim for his Micrometer to use to show the hardness of the lens and Flame Fusion...a CEO of a watch company that presches Millimeters all the time, NOT knowing what a digital Micrometer was??

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

dctex99 wrote:
I couldn't believe that Eyal said "Tim, give me that tool" when he asked Tim for his Micrometer to use to show the hardness of the lens and Flame Fusion...a CEO of a watch company that presches Millimeters all the time, NOT knowing what a digital Micrometer was??
And given that Eyal is such a tool, all sorts of confusion could have ensued on the air...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.