24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Company Links and Contact Information:

Web site: http://www.prometheuswatch.com/
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/115470368653360894206/posts
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/prometheuswatchcompany
Twitter: https://twitter.com/prometheuswatch

Reviewed by: Spaceview (Marc)
This watch was donated by Prometheus for review.

Stock Photo: Prometheus Poseidon 3500m Automatic Diver Watch

Stock Lume Picture:

About the Prometheus Poseidon 3500m Automatic Diver Watch (from the Web site):

The Prometheus Poseidon 3500m Automatic Diver Watch is powered by a Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement and is part of an elite group of extreme deep dive watches in the world capable of withstanding pressures of over 350 ATM.It features a 120 click unidirectional bezel with a lumed sapphire bezel insert and is a watch inspired in designs of vintage diver watches from the 1960 and 70s with a flare of modernity and timeless design.

A helium valve is located at the 9 o'clock position of the watch case making it a versatile diver watch that can be used by professional divers.

This automatic men's automatic diver watch is built to last with a 316L stainless steel case, sapphire crystal with anti reflective coating applied underneath, a 316L stainless steel bezel with sapphire insert and a custom 316L bracelet with diver extension.

The Prometheus Poseidon series is available in two distinct dial colors: black, blue and a combination of two distinct cases: 316 L stainless and bronze CuS8n.

With a total height of 15.90mm it is possible to use the Prometheus Poseidon in both formal and informal occasions and is one of the slimmest deep diver watches in production. Such slim factor is possible due to the slim Miyota 9015 automatic movement built with 21st century technologies.

The dial, watch hands, chapter ring and sapphire bezel of the Prometheus Poseidon Stainless Steel Black Green Bezel 3500m Miyota 9015 Automatic Diver Watch have Swiss Made RC Tritec C3 lume applied to it in order to guarantee a perfect illumination and easy readability in darkness.

Each Prometheus Poseidon Stainless Steel Black Black Bezel 3500m Miyota 9015 Automatic Diver Watch is complemented by a 316L solid stainless steel bracelet with diver extension clasp.

Specifications:

• 316L Stainless Steel Case with Brushed finish
  • Black Matte Dial with Swiss Made RC Tritec C3 lume applied to indexes
  • Black lumed chapter ring with Swiss Made RC Tritec C3 lume applied to indexes
  • Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement
  • 316L Stainless Bezel unidirectional with 120 clicks with sapphire insert and applied Swiss Made RC Tritec C3 lume
  • Custom made 316L solid stainless steel bracelet with diver extension clasp
  • Case diameter: 43.00 mm without crown
  • Lug to Lug length: 52mm
  • Case height: 15.90mm
  • Lug width: 22 mm
  • Signed screw down crown with Prometheus logo
  • Water resistance: 3500 meters or 350 ATM
  • Helium valve a 9 o'clock
  • Sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating inside watch
  • Watch hands filled with Swiss Made RC Tritec C3 lume (hours, minutes, seconds)
  • Two Years Warranty
Price: $629.00 USD

Initial Impression: Fantastic! It is just a beautiful, functional and elegant timepiece. For those of you that love the simplicity of a three hand diver with the versatility of a watch that can go from the wet suit to the board room then you can stop your search right here and now. This is the one. I am totally impressed with the look, feel, fit and finish of this watch.

Packaging: Nice watch case that stores extra straps and spare links. The case allows for secure shipping of the watch. My watch came on the stainless steel bracelet and included in the box were a leather strap and a rubber strap. I will include a photo of the extra straps but this watch is meant to be worn on the bracelet and can't see myself wearing it any other way.

Outer Box:

Inner Case -- Closed:

Inner Case -- Open:

Watch and Case:

Case and Watch Case Back:

Case Back:

Crown Shot:

Clasp:
I love this clasp and I am glad to see that more and more brands are using it. I think it offer maximum functionality. It allows you to size the watch and make the micro adjustments you want, or need, from day to day or season to season.

Clasp fully open:

Wrist Shot:
This watch looks great on the wrist. I think it wears a little bigger than the 43mm spec, more like a 44mm watch. Maybe it is the larger crown or the bezel that gives it that presence. Whatever it is I think it works well in this size range.

Wrist shot at the wheel:

Straps and Bracelet: I have sized mine to fit my 8.25 inch wrist and I have 2 spare links. I'm assuming a 9 inch wrist would be no problem and with the divers extension built into the clasp you can get another half inch or so if you still need more room. You can add additional links as well.

Brown Leather:

Rubber:

Comparison to Boschett Cave Dweller:
These use the same clasp and are both larger tool divers at heart. I really like the Boschett. The crown on the Prometheus is easier to grasp so I'd give it an advantage there. I like the lumed bezel as well. I think the blue lume on the Boschett blends well with it's white and blue trimmed dial. The Prometheus does the same with it's green lume and green trim and bezel features.

Measurements:

Case + Crown: 47.2mm

Case Only: 43mm

Thickness: 15.5mm

Crown: 7.5mm

Lug-to-lug measurement: 52mm

Lume Shot: UsesSwiss Made RC Tritec C3 lume.

Movement Miyota 9015: http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/9015/pdf/spec_9015.pdf

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/9015/photo.html

Summary:
This is an excellent timepiece from a very reliable brand. The movement is smooth and performs well within the expected specs for a 9015. The watch is sized very nicely and should appeal to a wide range of customers as it is not too small, nor too large. I think this is a very versatile watch that cam be worn as both a casual diver and a dress diver. The fit and finish of this piece would make you think it is much more expensive than the retail price it is offered at. It really has a lot going for it and anyone looking for a versatile diver should take a look at this watch. It comes in a few other variations.

You can see them all here:

http://www.prometheuswatch.com/diver-watch-collection/prometheus-poseidon-3500m-diver-watch/

Pros:
1) Uses my favorite clasp
2) 120 click unidirectional bezel with a lumed sapphire bezel insert
3) 43mm size appeals to the majority of customers
4) Very good lume properties
5) Reliable Miyota 9015 movement
6) Nice size crown for easy adjustments.
7) The bracelet is large enough for even some of the biggest wrists.

Cons:
1) Not really anything to point out. It comes with two straps and a bracelet so you can wear it however you choose.
2) 350 ATM might be a little more than any of us will ever need.http://www.watchfreeks.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Reactions: craigburton

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Great watch. I own a Bronzo and it's very well done. Enjoyed your review

Reactions: Spaceview

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not sure why - but only the stock photos loaded for me.

I was close to ordering this one - loved the gray dial version that was prototyped (that unfortunately was not offered in the pre-order).

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Love mine I own two now. They are great watches for the money. Bracelet is super solid and as noted a great clasp. Dial is well done. My favorite prometheus watch I've owned to date.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was an issue with the picture showing up on some systems. That should be fixed now. Let me know if you are still not seeing the pictures.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
There was an issue with the picture showing up on some systems. That should be fixed now. Let me know if you are still not seeing the pictures.

All pics are showing now with the exception of the last 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Checked the store and there are several models in stock including this black green in the review and the black and white as well. Highly recommend this watch.

Great review Marc. Can see all the pictures now. Agree on the bracelet and clasp. Overall a great deal. I am extremely happy with mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Great review, lots of good pics.
I am impressed with the pics of this watch in the wruw. So tempting, only the l2l and thickness concern me a bit.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Great review ! I'd love one some time soon. I should've when I could've but thought the preorder wait would be longer. Thanks for sharing !

·
Super Moderator
10,605 Posts
Marc, these really are outstanding !!! :clapping-hands-abov :) They pay tribute to vintage divers, but are ultra modern as well. There's definitely an IWC Aquatimer vibe happening too. Just the bezel, and way it's lumed alone remind you of those. Even the hands have that awesome style to them ! ..Like you said, it seems like such a versatile watch that you could wear any time. On the one hand it's extremely sporty, and tool-like, but then it's so well designed, and refined it could be the perfect dress watch also.

Then at the end of the day, if you feel like taking it diving, you really can !!! Wow, didn't even realize they had such great water resistance Marc ! Fantastic !!! ..Fantastic review as always too ! THX a lot ! :thumb::thumb:

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:

While changing the straps I dropped and lost the tiny end to the lug screw. I know, stupid me. I could not find it. I sent Customer Service an e-mail on a Sunday expecting to hear back this week sometime. I got an e-mail back on Sunday and they are shipping out a replacement lug screw and end. That is excellent service by any standard. Just wanted to share that with you guys. Often you see the bad CS stories posted. It is good to see a positive story like this.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Update:

While changing the straps I dropped and lost the tiny end to the lug screw. I know, stupid me. I could not find it. I sent Customer Service an e-mail on a Sunday expecting to hear back this week sometime. I got an e-mail back on Sunday and they are shipping out a replacement lug screw and end. That is excellent service by any standard. Just wanted to share that with you guys. Often you see the bad CS stories posted. It is good to see a positive story like this.

That's great indeed. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm probably one of the few who isn't a huge Promethius fan, but I like this one a lot. Thanks for the review.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I picked up a set of these. I don't think you can beat it for the price and it will come in handy. $9.63 w/ Prime shipping

Generic 30 Pc Allen Wrench Set- SAE/ MM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025ZA3EQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

• Allen wrench set w/SAE & Metric size allen wrenches
  • Includes SAE sizes from. 035" up to 3/8"
  • Includes Metric sizes from 0. 7mm up to 10. 0mm
  • Great addition to any toolbox includes hard to find sizes
  • Come in a neat Blow mold case for storage

1 - 20 of 21 Posts