Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watch Reviewed: Erroyl E30 Heritage White

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[URL="http://s864.photobucket.com/user/andrema_bucket/media/Erroyl/logo_zpsmozbpl9t.png.html][IMG]http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab206/andrema_bucket/Erroyl/logo_zpsmozbpl9t.png[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#292929][FONT=Arial][SIZE=5]
[B][U]Company Information[/U]:[/B]

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][U]Website[/U]: [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#292929][FONT=Arial][URL="http://erroyl.com/"]http://erroyl.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ErroylWatchCompany
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/erroylwatchcompany/
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/erroylwatchco

About from Company Website:

Erroyl is an Australian watch company, launched in 2014, designing refined, elegant and enduring mechanical watches.

Erroyl is a touch of Earl and a dash of Royal. Inspired by the Anglo-Saxon title of Earl - meaning a member of the nobility - Erroyl produce refined timepieces that imbue elegance, respect and longevity.

Every timepiece is designed with a high attention to detail and comes with a two year manufacturer's warranty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erroyl E30 Heritage White

Stock Photo:

Description from the company website:

The Heritage Collection is inspired by classic dress watches. Each timepiece has been meticulously designed and manufactured to provide a timeless and elegant watch that is suitable for formal or informal occasions. Featuring a polished bezel and case with a diameter of 40mm, it is perfectly sized for a modern dress watch and features lugs tapering down to provide a greater level of comfort on the wrist.

The E30 Heritage White features a striking off-white sunray dial that catches the light from all angles due to the unique guilloché concentric circle dial. The dial is decorated with applied stainless steel hour markers and applied stainless steel roman numerals at 3, 6, 9 and 12. The hands are finely crafted in a stainless steel faceted dauphine style with a date window at the 3 marker.

Powered by the reliable Japanese Miyota Cal. 9015 movement with approximately 42 hour power reserve you can be confident that the performance of the watch will be highly accurate. Featuring scratch resistant sapphire crystal and an exhibition case back the E30 Heritage White is fittingly presented in a luxury leather display box. The E30 Heritage White features a Heritage Collection booklet and a numbered certificate of authenticity.

Specifications:

- Case Material: 316L Stainless Steel
- Case Diameter: 40.00 mm
- Case Length: 46.25 mm
- Case Thickness: 10.25 mm
- Crystal: Sapphire
- Dial Color: White
- Movement: Citizen Miyota Caliber 9015
- Strap Material: Genuine Leather
- Lug Width: 20.0mm
- Water resistance: 50 meters

Price: $279.68

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packaging:

The E30 Heritage packaging is quite nice, especially at its price point. The watch comes "double boxed", with a cardboard box as an outer box and a very nice leather box for an inner box.

The outer box is black and has a nice texture to its surface. The Erroyl logo and name printed in white on its lid as well as along its side.

The inner box is quite nice, with a matte black leather cover and matching stitching. The leather is very nice quality and has a great, soft texture. The Erroyl logo is embossed into the leather on top as well as the front side of the case.

The inside of the case is lined with tan velour and has a tan pillow for holding the watch. The entire package is very well put together and nicely executed!

Case, Bezel and Crystal:

The E30 Heritage's case is constructed of 316L stainless steel, with a classic lines and proportions. As you will see from the photos throughout this review, the E30 Heritage certainly is a handsome watch and its polished finish makes it a fantastic choice for an everyday or even a special occasion watch.

The E30 Heritage's case is constructed of 316L stainless steel, with a vintage inspired design and short lugs. The case has a nice circular brushed pattern finish on the top of the case's surface, with a high gloss finish along the case sides. The finishing is nicely executed and evenly applied throughout the watch.

The finishing on the case is quite nice. As you can see from the photo below, the high polished finish on the watch's case has great appearance. All of the case surfaces have an even appearance and the transition between surfaces is nicely done, with precise edges.

As you can see from the photos below, the case has a rounded and flowing profile, with downward sloping lugs that integrate nicely into the case design.

The E30's sapphire sits slightly proud of the watch's polished, fixed bezel. The crystal has antireflective coating applied to its underside, which helps eliminate reflections and improves dial clarity.

The slightly elevated crystal creates a nice aesthetic and helps to add some interest and additional sight lines to the watch's design.

The watch is built with a 316L stainless steel screwed-in, display style caseback. The caseback has a high polished finish, like the rest of the case, with a sapphire crystal installed. The crystal enables the nicely finished Citizen Miyota Caliber 9015 movement to be clearly seen, including its branded rotor.

The watch's technical data as well as model number is engraved nicely around the perimeter.

The E30 Heritage has a nicely sized, 6.0mm push-pull crown, with the Erroyl logo engraved into its polished end. The crown itself easy to manipulate when setting the time and it has a nice feel as well as nice action.

Dial and Hands:

The E30 Heritage's dial is white, with a circular pattern engraved into its surface. The dial features polished stainless steel applied hour markers with and black painted minute markers around the remainder of the dial. The Erroyl logo and "Automatic" are also painted in black on the dial at the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions, respectively.

The circular pattern provides the dial with a sunray effect when light shifts across its surface. Depending on the available lighting, the circles create a swirling effect around the dial.

The E30 features traditional dauphine style hands, with facets down their centers. They have polished finish, and the facets create a nice reflective surface for light to bounce off. This, combined with the lively dial surface, creates quite an attractive appearance. The finish of the hands coordinate very well with the case finish as well as the overall traditional and formal appearance of the watch.

The following three photos provide a closer look at the finer details of the E30's dial -- The applied markers, the engraved dial, the beveled date window and painted highlights.

One of my favorite features is the beveled date window. The sharp, precise angles of this feature highlight the contours of the dial and provide a fantastic look at the nice construction of this relatively modestly priced timepiece.

Strap:

The E30 Heritage comes with a custom black leather strap. The 20mm strap is constructed of a soft leather, which has a alligator pattern embossed into its surface and has black coordinating stitching. The strap tapers from 20mm at the watch lugs down to 18mm at the buckle closure.

The quality of the leather strap and clasp is very nice. The leather strap is nicely made and fairly supple right out of the box. The underside of the strap has a tan lining, which has the Erroyl brand name.

The E30 Heritage comes with a custom 316L stainless steel vintage styled butterfly style deployment buckle with a polished finish. The Erroyl logo is nicely engraved into the buckle's surface!

Movement:

The E30 utilizes a Citizen Miyota 9015 automatic watch movement. This is a very reliable movement and is well regarded within the watch industry.

Citizen Miyota 9015

(Stock photo)

Technical Specifications:

For more information on the movement, please refer to the following link: http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/...c.html#cal9015

Performance:

I timed the review watch on my timegrapher to check its accuracy. The timing results were +3 seconds per day, which is actually at the bottom of the range for the movements stated accuracy specifications from the manufacturer.

The Heritage Collection: Setting the Time

The movement in the Heritage Collection is the Japanese Miyota Cal. 9015 automatic and hand wound movement. It features a date complication.

The crown provides three options for hand winding the movement, setting the date and adjusting the time.

A - Mainspring winding - The crown can be wound in a clockwise direction to hand wind the movement.

B - Date adjustment - After extending the crown to its first resting position, the crown can be wound in a clockwise direction to adjust the date.

C - Time adjustment - Once the crown is fully extended, the crown can be wound in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction to adjust the time.

Wrist Shots:

For reference purposes, my wrist is 7.25 inches.

The E30 Heritage measures 40.0mm in diameter and 46.25mm in length. With a thickness of 10.25mm, the watch can easily fit under a cuff and is the perfect choice for a formal occasion, dinner out with friends or a nice watch for the office. In addition, at just 75g, it is very light and wears very comfortably on the wrist.

Overall, I have to say, this watch is outstanding on the wrist. It has great balance, fantastic proportions and its overall appearance in person is excellent.

Overall impression and final thoughts:

What can I say...this is a great, affordably priced, watch! It is well proportioned, well made and fantastically priced. You would be hard pressed to find another dress watch in the market at this quality with the components used and this quality of finishing at under the $280 price point.

So, if you are looking to add an affordable dress watch to your collection, get this one. It will definitely fit the bill and punch above its weight class while doing so.

Well, that concludes my review …Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments ~ Mark

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
That is a great review and exceptional pictures.

Enjoyed reading about this model.

thanks for the excellent review.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Stunning looking watch! Great review, thanks.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Mark,

I keep repeating myself but as always your reviews are impeccable. High degree of objective measurements coupled with outstanding photography and a small portion reserved for your personal (subjective) thoughts. At first glance I thought "yet another run of the mill watch" but after reading this review my opinion shifted. Indeed a very nice watch for the asking price.

Could you please PM me the price for the Ace Timer you are using?

Thanks,

Frans.

P.S. I noticed you have over 10K posts under your belt now, noteworthy!

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Already got the price for the timer and what a great site!

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Already got the price for the timer and what a great site!
Sorry for the late reply. It is the 1000 model. It's very easy to use with the auto-detect feature. You just need to get a good movement angle table.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Ahhh, crap
Thats sweet and review surprised me
I'm tempted

Only thing I could say id why the back glass. Nothing her folks, move on

Casebook should have been solid with nice engraving, my only issue

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahhh, crap
I'm tempted

It's a nice piece, with a solid movement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Ahhh, crap
I'm tempted

They do have a blue dial variant with a bracelet that has a solid case back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts